Carmarthen conversation group

I was looking forward to this, but a couple of things have come up so I can’t make it. I hope you have a good evening!

Shw mae Margaret, I’m visiting my elderly mother in Carmarthen for a few weeks from Melbourne and am hoping that the Ivy Bush meet-up is still on for Friday 30th November. If so I will definitely be there at 7… Bill

1 Like

It is definitely on. We look forward to meeting you. I may be knitting, I’ll probably be with my friend Rhian (who is blind) if you want to look out for us.

Diolch Margaret. see you there on Friday

@billigog, @Coralie, @roblisle, @Gruffydd, @johndray, @Deborah-SSi, and any other SSIW friends. A note to remind you that next week’s meet, Tuesday 18 December is NOT in the hotel as usual but in a friend’s home nearby. If you plan to come, but don’t know where it is please PM me and I’ll give you the address. Parking would be best in St Peter’s car park.

2 Likes

I won’t make it again sadly, although I’m still very much on board and planning to come when work permits.

To all SSIW ers in the Carmarthen area, and especially @Deborah-SSi, @billigog, @billspawton, @Coralie, @roblisle, @Gruffydd, @johndray, these are the 2019 dates for our meet ups.
Friday January 4,
Tuesday January 15,
Friday Feb 1,
Tuesday February 19,
Friday March 1st,
Tuesday March 19,
Friday April 5,
Tuesday April 16,
Friday May 3rd.
Tuesday May 14th,
Friday May 30th,
Tuesday June 18th,
Friday July 5th,
Tuesday July 16th,
Friday August 2nd,
Tuesday August 20th,
Friday September 6,
Tuesday September 17,
Friday October 4,
Tuesday October 15,
Friday November 1st,
Tuesday November 19,
Friday December 6,
Tuesday December 19,
Blwyddyn Newydd dda i chi i gyd.

4 Likes

And @margaretnock wins the Gold Star for being the most organised SSiW meetup organiser of all time! :star2:

2 Likes

Well, there’s actually 2 of those dates I can’t make, being the SSIW party weekend and the Eisteddfod, but it was easier to just stick to those dates. I don’t Have to be at every meeting, I just happen to have been at the vast majority of them.

2 Likes

50% of our regular Friday group (@billigog) can’t make it today so there will be no SSIW group meet up in the Ivy Bush tonight, St David’s day. Instead I’m going to a Welsh language service in St Teilo’s Church, Llandeilo, where. I’m sure, everyone is welcome. 7pm start.

Wps, it was a 6pm start so I missed it.
Tonight there will be no meetup in Carmarthen. Sickness and other plans abound. However, @billigog and I are going to Llanelli to see Anweledig, a play focusing on mental health, at the Ffwrnes theatre. There’s a pre performance talk for learners in the bar at 6.30. The more the merrier I am sure

Hi Margaret

I am keen to attend the Welsh conversation group in Llandeilo and/or Carmarthen (I live between the two). Can you send me the details?

Thanks

Joe

Hi Joe. We meet in the Ivy Bush Hotel in Carmarthen twice a month, once on a Tuesday night and once on a Friday night, between 7 and 9.

These are our planned dates this year although because we are quite a small group they are subject to change if other interesting things come up.

Friday April 5,
Tuesday April 16,
Friday May 3rd.
Tuesday May 14th,
Friday May 30th,
Tuesday June 18th,
Friday July 5th,
Tuesday July 16th,
Friday August 2nd,
Tuesday August 20th,
Friday September 6,
Tuesday September 17,
Friday October 4,
Tuesday October 15,
Friday November 1st,
Tuesday November 19,
Friday December 6,
Tuesday December 19

If you drop me a PM when you plan to come, so I know that you are coming, I will be there knitting, so you recognise the group. We don’t hire a room or anything, just look like the small group of friends we have now become.

There is a non SSIW group that meets in Llandeilo, upstairs in the cafe at 139 Rhosmaen. This is on alternate Fridays, between 10 and 12. The next meeting is on April 5th. It’s a friendly group led by an experienced tutor.

1 Like

Thanks Margaret

I hope to make it to Carmarthen on 5 April. I will drop you a PM.

Joe

I look forward to meeting you.

I’m going to try for these too. I have been to one, and felt a little out of my depth ( nothing to do with the people there, who were wonderfully welcoming and friendly ) but I think I needed to be further on in my journey, as I am now, I look forward to meeting you

In the right context, or the wrong one, I still feel out of my depth. Was it because of speaking, or was it understanding Welsh? The only way to understand more is to listen more, in guided or unguided ways. To speak, sometimes people prepare a little piece about an event, or a topic. And the rest of us are very likely to understand them. Beth bynnag, welcome, welcome back.

1 Like

@Raf, @joe-otterburn, anyone else? Do you think you’ll be in the Ivy Bush on Friday?

Hi Margaret

I’m keen. I’ll be there if people want to meet :+1:t5:. Do you have any details of people who meet in Llandeilo between 10-12? I would quite like to let some one know I am coming, rather than turn up unannounced :grinning:.

Thanks

Joe

I’ll be in Llandeilo in the morning and the Ivy Bush in the evening. Some people would say I’m a glutton for punishment, but it’s not a punishment to me.:laughing:

2 Likes