Carmarthen conversation group

She was the first woman to win chair, medal and crown at (different) Eisteddfods. She was a guest of honour at a summer school I went to back in 2008 and told a fuuny story about making mistakes when language learning, the same story she told last year when guest of honour at SSIWs’ last birthday party. She’s amazing, talented, beautiful, rides a bike. What else is there to like?

2 Likes

@joe-otterburn, @Coralie, @billigog, @Gruffydd, @Raf, @roblisle, and any others, we’re meeting tonight. Sorry for leaving it so late to remind us all. Please bring your diaries so we can make some more dates that work for everyone. Ivy Bush, 7pm

Hi Margaret

I hope you’re well. I’m in London for the next few weeks (until 19 July), so cant make the Ivy Bush for a while unfortunately.

I’ll be in touch when I’m back as I’m keen to keep improving.

Thanks

Joe

Haven’t been for ages I know (good excuses) but I’d like to know the future dates if any were arranged. Thanks!

They were @roblisle. As it has only been @billigog and me on Fridays for the past few months we’ve rearranged our meetings to be on Tuesdays. I’m aware this doesn’t suit everyone, and probably not you but this was the best decision we could make. July and August are busy and we’re just meeting once each month (Eisteddfod and holidays interfere).
July 16th
August 20th
September 3rd
September 17th
October 1st
October 15th
Novermber 5th
November 19th
December 3rd
December 17th

@Deborah-SSi

If I’m right and these dates don’t suit I’m very happy to have an occasional face to face somewhere more local to you. There is still a (non SSIW) fortnightly conversation group in Llandeilo on Friday mornings and I can send you some of those dates if you wish.

Pob Hwyl

1 Like

Diolch Margaret. Dal am saith?

Dal am saith. :slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face:

Shwmae Margaret, I’m interested in attending the next Caerfyrddin meetup on the 16th (been meaning to come along for a while now!) Also, very interested in the Llandeilo conversation group if you have more details…oddly enough I tend to be more available during the weekdays, during the daytime, due to my work and kids in school. The evenings are trickier but I will commit to the 16th.

Diolch
Phil

July 5, 10-12, cafe 139 Rhosmaen. Jean Hughes is an experienced and supportive tutor and runs the group but can’t always make it. We meet upstairs in the cafe.

Bore da Folks. I’m afraid that I’m unable to make it to the Ivy Bush this evening. See you next meet-up.

Diolch - Bill

Lovely to see @mary-davies for the first time and to have @annmoore back with us last night. I look forward to seeing you both, along with @billigog, on the 19th. :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Lovely to be back too Margaret and to see you and Bill again :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I have written the 19th in my diary with a reminder on my phone to make sure I don’t forget! :rofl:

1 Like

The Ivy Bush will be very busy and noisy on our next evening, December 17th so we’ve decided to move elsewhere, just for the evening, to Mary’s flat. If you want to come, pease PM me and I’ll pass on the details.

@Deborah-SSi

1 Like

Diolch am y heads-up @margaretnock. I’ll pop a note in the newsletter :slight_smile:

1 Like