Carmarthen conversation group

Brilliant. Hope to make it tomorrow but still interested in the Carmarthen group.

Mike

Carmarthen, Thursday nights. Llandeilo Friday mornings.

Nice to meet up with you last night. Thanks for all your help. See you in two weeks.

2 Likes

Hi all - feel a bit cheeky posting on here as I currently live in Worcester but I went to school in Carmarthen and am hoping to move back to the area by the Autumn (on that note, does anyone know of any jobs going???!!!) Nice to see that there is a friendly crowd around.

We need nurses and health care support workers in the NHS in our part of the world! And doctors in some specialities.

1 Like

Thanks, Iā€™m doing my best to search and apply for things but some jobs are word of mouth.

Hi. I have just about finished the Mynediad Cwrs / Cymraeg I Oedolion and wondered if it might be possible to come along to any conversational groups / meetings in Carmarthen over the summer? I noticed that the forum has some past comments referring to meetings in the Ivy Bush but Iā€™m not sure whether these still happen or the dates and times if they do.
Robin

1 Like

Hi Robin. We will be meeting next Thursday, 25th, in The Ivy Bush hotel between 7 and 9. Hope to see you there. In the arm chairs in the sitting room opposite the bar.

Hi Margaret
Thanks for getting back to me. Iā€™ve made a note of the time and hopefully should be able to be there next week.
Robin

2 Likes

Annwyl Margret,
My husband, Armin, and I will be staying in Llanddewi Velfrey (nr. Narberth) from 15 Aug to 28 Aug. As there doesnā€™t seem to be a meet-up in Hwlffordd anymore, Iā€™d like to ask if there will be one in Caerfyrddin? And if so, would it be alright if I joined you - i ymarfer siarad a deall Cymraeg? Dw i wedi gwpla sgwrs un (SSiW).
Diolch yn fawr!
Hwyl
Charlotte
PS. Yw Armin ddim yn gallu siarad Cymraeg - ond mae feā€™n gallu yfyd cwrw :wink:

Hi Charlotte, and all other SSIW members and friends.

Our meetings over the next few weeks will be on August 6, August 20 and September 3. In the Ivy Bush Hotel, Spilman Street, in the sitting room space next door to the bar.

You need to register your car on a screen when you arrive, but you donā€™t need to pay to park. 7 til about 9pm. I try to remember to bring knitting so as to be recognised, but sometimes forget, so just ask around.

The Ivy Bush doesnā€™t know about us as an SSIW group, we havenā€™t hired space, we just look like a few friends meeting to chat, which is what we are.

Looking forward to seeing you in August,

1 Like

Diolch yn fawr!
Charlotte

Hope you can make it tonight @charlottefalb

Only just spotted this at short notice. I might try to make the next one (Sep 3).

1 Like

@dave_5 You would be very welcome. @charlottefalb came last night and we had a wide ranging conversation from knitting to trains to Frankfurt to Wales, to husbands who donā€™t speak Welsh.

2 Likes

Annwyl Margaret,

Iā€™m sorry to reply so late. I have only just read your posts. We returned home last night.
Diolch yn fawr iawn i chi i ddod o Cross Hands i Gaerfyrddin am nos Wener! I thoroughly enjoyed the conversation and found it to be very encouraging. I had various other simple conversations in Welsh with Welsh speakers and Iā€™m starting to think in Welsh, at times at least. Diolch i chi a diolch i Aran a Iestyn a ā€œSay Something in Welshā€!
Hwyl fawr.
Charlotte

1 Like

That sounds as though youā€™re doing fantastically - huge congratulations! :sunny:

Hi,

I live in Carmarthenshire and are interested in coming along to any informal groups you have to improve my Welsh. I can see dates for August but are these continuing to run now and if so where and when. Llanelli/Burry Port would be great for me or at a push Carmarthen. I am at an intermediate level.

Would appreciate any responses!

Thanks

Claire

Hi Claire. Sorry, but I didnā€™t see this before. We meet fortnightly in the Ivy Bush Hotel, Spilman Street, and the next time will be on 17 September. I personally wonā€™t be there on that evening (new vicar being inducted/installed/whatever), but @billigog, @jeremyhill and @annmoore very probably will. Go to the sitting room in front of the bar an look for some friends talking Welsh. The next time will be a fortnight afterwards, on Thursday October 1st.
7-9pm You need to sign in your car at the front desk, if you come with a car.

1 Like

Hello - I was wondering if the meet ups in Carmarthen are still happening ? I moved to this area about 5 months ago, and I am getting on ok with the SSiW course, but could really do with practising on more than just the dog !