Carwyn Edwards - tireless supporter and promoter of Wales and the Welsh language

I’m sure a lot of our north American learners and friends will know of Carwyn, and want to lend their support to him at this difficult time.

He’s worked tirelessly to promote Wales and the Welsh language in the US for many years.

@Deborah-SSi - ebost ogydd?.. :sunny:

Latest news very worrying - Carwyn seems to have had some bleeding on his brain:

I’m following every update Carwyn’s status and happenings and I believe it’s time for all those who don’t monitor things closely to give some update here. The previous one was one of that more happy ones. Carwyn finally was in condition to travel and is now returned home in Cymru. The latest update is as follows:

Update 101
Posted by Aled Edwards

Carwyn is in good spirits and enjoying seeing his family and friends.He is having an MRI scan this morning and his doctors will decide tomorrow afternoon if he will be fitted with a defibrillator .If he does need one this procedure will take place on Wednesday or Thursday.
He will also travel to Wrexham tomorrow for an initial consultation at a rehab and prosthesis (ALAC)centre.
Thank you all for your continuing support.

Update written by Carwyn’s brother Aled who tirelessly (together with the whole family I presume) cares for well being and care of Carwyn. They - with help of all who donated - raised quite amount of money to fund all treatments and needs Carwyn has and will have in the future, but there’s still quite a long way toward the set goal of 100K GBP, so if you have a desire to contribute here’s the link.

I hope you don’t mind I’ve bumped this old topic up, but I was on the verge to do this many times in the past but just didn’t come around to do it. Now when Carwyn is finally back home in Cymru I thought is the right time to do so.

1 Like

I only just found this thread and my reaction on reading the first bit was that the poor man was dying, there was no point in prolonging that. I am so glad I was wrong and he is progressing. Being now in Wales with the NHS, at least he doesn’t have to finance his treatment!

I heard an interview with him on Radio Cymru - maybe this morning, maybe yesterday. I tend to lose track a bit these days. He sounded very bright and positive, but said that he was very close to death 3 times, even feeling detached from his own body. Here’s a BBC report http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-38023651

2 Likes

I had lovely written conversation with Carwyn on Facebook today what makes me extreamly happy and it reminded me that for all those who are not following his brilliant health progress elswhere it maybe would be great to post some updates here especially as he’s obviously doing well.

As you all know Carwyn is back in Cymru already for aproximately 4 months and I’m really happy to see him on pictures he publishes on FB being in gym, going here and there with his wheelchair and having written conversation with him today I could establish he’s very positive and Cymraeg passionate person. We’ve discussed various things from great weather we both are experiencing these day and all the way to learning Cymraeg and more (all in Welsh of course). I was really cheered when he told me he has played basketball on the wheelchair for the first time.

So I’m happy to say he’s well on the way to his as much as possible good recovery.

I hope I’ll have the chance of written (or even spoken) conversation with him again.

Diolch Carwyn. It was really great pleasure to “talk” to you!

6 Likes