Casnewydd: Second Saturday of every month, Central Library, Newport

6 of us. I think it was a new record!

2 Likes

Da iawn! Very good to hear that the two birds (@cuckoo and @theblacksparrow) are turning into a flock :wink:

1 Like

Diolch Dee, usually four of us, a good number to keep a conversation going.
Ond, croeso gynnes I bawb. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Bydd hiā€™n saith yn fuen. Bydda iā€™n drio i ddod iā€™r un nesaf.

1 Like

Weā€™re gonna need a bigger tableā€¦

2 Likes

No we will just have to sit on your knee :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Would you guys be happy if a novice was to attend one of your meetings? ā€¦ Just at the start of course two

Hello, you would be very welcome. Next meeting will be the second Saturday in February,
I reckon thatā€™ll be the 13th. keep an eye on the forum for conformation.
Hwyl Dave.

1 Like

We have only one rule (and itā€™s fairly new).

Everyone has to sit on a chair.

2 Likes

Thanks for the welcome, and the seating advice :slight_smile:

1 Like

How often do you meet up?

If there are not enough chairs then the black sparrow would be happy for you to sit on his knee :yum:

Bore da, for those of you old enough to remember Monty Python " this sketch is getting
too silly now ". Cassandra we meet on the second Saturday in the month, keep an eye
on the forum for confirmation, you would be very welcome. you could always stand up
if we run out of chairs.

2 Likes

I really hope this means that youā€™re going to turn up next time dressed as an army colonel, and then @llanddinol is going to burst through the door dressed in red cardinalā€™s robesā€¦

3 Likes

Helo pawb, itā€™s that time of the month again. Tomorrow in Coffee # One in Commercial
Street Newport is the place to be, 10-30 ish. For any first timers look for the secret sign
probably a Welsh magazine on the table, no colonels no red cardinals.

1 Like

It was a record! (just about). A latecomer arrived 5 minutes before the meeting finished, but Iā€™m going to count it. 6 of us! In chair news, anxious readers can relax, there were plenty of chairs to go around. I did have to shoo @llanddinol back to his own chair once or twice though.

Following on from one of the main topics of conversation, look what happened later in my still un-tiled kitchen:

Not too bad, considering we donā€™t have a bake stone, nor a circular cutter (hence the final ones being somewhat triangular).

1 Like

Mmmm I really likeā€™em a bit burnt ( really ) but triangular Welsh cakes, nouvelle cuisine
gone mad.

1 Like

It turns out that they burn easily if you use a non-stick pan, rather than a bake stone of griddle.

Anyway, these arenā€™t burnt. They have colour.

1 Like

Bore da pawb, you all know the drill, Coffee # one Commercial Street for any body who hasnā€™t been before, is the place to be. From 10-30 on. Maybe The Black Sparrow will bring coloured Welsh cakes.
Hwyl am y tro. Dave.

1 Like

Youā€™re going to have to wait for my fine Welsh cake creations. Not because I havenā€™t bought a bake stone, but because itā€™s my annual pilgrimage to complain about the ever increasing ticket prices at the All England Badminton championships and I wonā€™t be back in time. If weā€™re lucky weā€™ll get to watch some plucky Brits eliminated in the quarter finals

1 Like