Casnewydd: Second Saturday of every month, Central Library, Newport

How many people?

I really hope we weren’t 1 person away from a new record…

2 Likes

They stayed away in droves after the no Welsh cakes declaration ! Still five was a good number.
Hope your badminton was good.
Hwyl am y tro.

2 Likes

Tomorrow!

Coffee # one Commercial Street for any body who hasn’t been before, is the place to be. From 10-30 on.

Come help us set a new attendee record!

2 Likes

Hello – thanks to all for being welcoming and patient on Saturday, decided to pop over from Cardiff at the last minute because why not… haven’t really tried speaking welsh in real life yet so was quite daunting but really useful, and happy to have understood quite a bit (even if I otherwise know little about weights, measures and gardening!)

Will try and come along again sometime in future if free, might be able to say a bit more and without panicking quite so much!

2 Likes

Bore da Tom, thanks for coming along,you’re welcome back anytime. You know more about rhubarb than did at the start.!
Hwyl am y tro
Dave

1 Like

Prynhawn da!

Menter Iaith Casnewydd are holding a bilingual pub quiz on Friday 6th May. Croeso i bawb! All welcome! Manylion / Details on the poster below.

2 Likes

p’nawn da pawb, a challenge from Thomas.! What d’you reckon. ?

2 Likes

Pam lai? Gobeithio y byddaf yn yno.

2 Likes

I reckon we should enter again, and win it this time!

I can make it if you’re still planning on going.

2 Likes

I’m planning to be there, let’s give it a go.

2 Likes

Excellente, I’ll see you there tomorrow then!

I’ve heard that Ron is planning on going as well.

Hopefully see @llanddinol there too!

2 Likes

Helo pawb,
well we didn’t win the quiz, we had all the right answers to all the wrong questions. Come to Café # 1
this Saturday and help us get better. Commercial Street Newport from 10-30 on.
Hwyl am y tro.

1 Like

Prynhawn da!

Menter Iaith Casnewydd are holding a Noson Karaoke at the Queen’s Hotel on Friday 24/6/16. It’ll cost £1 to enter and you can either pick one of our 16 Welsh classics or you can provide a translation of an English song into Welsh. If you wish to translate a song, then please get in touch with the name of your song and your Welsh translation of the lyrics at least a week before the event.

Diolch yn fawr!

Bore da pawb,
It’s the second Saturday of the month tomorrow that means Coffee # 1 Commercial Street in Newport
at about 10-30. Karaoke training optional. We usually sit near the door with a copy of Lingo Newydd
on the table, come along and have some fun.

2 Likes

I hope you had a good session.
I am getting better slowly but I will not know until the end of the month if I will be fully weight bearing on the leg and if I am allowed to drive. At least now it is significanly straighter than after the accident 40 years ago.According to the surgeon it is better than the uninjured leg.

Glad to hear that you’re on the mend,hope to see you soon
Hwyl am y tro Dave.

1 Like

Helo pawb, just a reminder that Saturday the 9th is the next Newport get together.
Coffee # 1 in Commercial street is the place to be at about 10:30, if you’ve not been before
look for a copy of Lingo Newydd on the table, you’ll be very welcome.
Dave.

1 Like

I am still not able to come unfortunately. However I have just been allowed to walk using sticks but not yet driving. When I feel confident enough I can get rid of the sticks and start driving. I am hoping this will be in the next two weeks.
Enjoy yourselves.

Best of luck with the recovery, hope to see you soon.
Hwyl

1 Like

That sounds tough - hope you get well soon… :thumbsup: