Children's magazine I could subscribe to

This is “Ciciban”, the Slovene magazine (or whatever you call such editions) for kids.

I don’t know where word “Ciciban” came from but in our - Slovene - language it means about 5-7 years old kid.

The magazine contains picture stories and poems …

songs

stories

riddles of all kinds

interesting things

and more.

What this all has to do with Cymraeg?
Well, this is not me posting but my inner child. it decided it has enough of being sirious all the time and wants to “play”. :slight_smile: So it rises the question in its head: Is there any similar magazine in Cymraeg that I could subscribe to and get it to my home in Slovenia?

Siriously. I’d like to subscribe to such magazine because I believe this is the best start to learn to read and write and to learn the language of course. If such magazine would have some aim toward learning language the playful way, even better. :slight_smile:

Well, I know we already discussed the similar topics in some threads but this time i would like to be specific, to get something I’ve posted pictures above. This is not aimed to promote “my” magazine but the atempt to search for similar one yn Gymraeg.

Thank you in advance.

2 Likes

Yes there is! It’s called Wcw. “oockoo”

Here’s a link: http://golwg360.cymru/cylchgronau-cwmni-golwg

7 Likes

Oh, Diolch!

I’ve seen this already but forgot about it. This looks great.

1 Like

Payed a subscription. Now I hardly wait to see what I’ll get! :slight_smile: Will report back when I get it!

[SIZE=40]YAY!!![/SIZE]

3 Likes

Just to give you some feedback. I’ve got 2nd edition today and what I’m happy the most about is that the whole magazine is translated into English in separate 4 pages so you can always compare the two equivalents - English and Cymraeg. This way you can pick the new words and structures. However it’s neccessary to be honest with onself … I tend to read Cymraeg first and then see the English equivalent in order to establish did I understand things correctly or not.

Ummm … well, I didn’t play with any riddles and such stuff in the magazine yet, I’ve just read some things …

5 Likes

This looks very cool, I want this too! Be careful you don’t end up ordering the other WCW magazine, which is about American Wrestling, because it’s written in English.

This was the first mag of our subscription it is really good

Haha! I’ve already subscribed to this one you see … but ya, I didn’t even think about that though! :slight_smile: Oh, and above @Mererid posted a link so you can’t get mistaken at all.

Yes, I already love it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Has it still got that creepy tomato thing in it?

It’s on the last page this time. :slight_smile: if this is the one …

Sorry, not the best picture though.

1 Like

I only just found this thread and have subscribed! It appeals to my inner child!! I actually think your Slovenian magazine looks nicer @tatjana, I loved the illustrations! But I do not aim to try to learn Slovenian at my age (sorry!) so will not ask about subscribing!!

The subscription is at similar price as WCW but the magazine itself has 2x more pages then WCW though. The ilustrators are more or less the same already for 70 years (as long as Ciciban exists). It was my magazine when I was a kid and with quite huge gap in between then and now I’m still a subscriber. And, no matter it’s in Slovene only, it can be subscribed from abroad also. :slight_smile:

I can imagine you’d not aim to learn Slovene and even it’s children’s magazine it would be hard to understand at the level I’m at in Cymraeg for example because there are quite long (long from learner’s point) texts in it. However, you made me curious if there’s any magazine for learners of Slovene language though. Would have to investigate this field and I might to do so.

Well, but I appreciate that WCW is so thin. Even this amount of pages no matter are they translated or not is clearly enough for one learner to read when only at stage I am. I can write quite something, but I read really slow no matter which language is the reading in. :slight_smile: