Clonc-edigion - The Touring Ceredigion Meet Up

I was thinking perhaps Aberaeron would be reasonable for most, though I’m not really familiar with many of the eating places there. I’ve been served in Welsh in The Hive once, but that might have just been random luck :slight_smile:

Aberaeron would be lovely, and could it include a short, bracing walk to build up an appetite?

@Nicky, I’m probably one of your southernmost occasional visitors, from near Cross Hands, Sir Gar. Please don’t make plans according to whether I can make it. Much as I enjoy the visits, I can’t be considered a regular member.

1 Like

Thanks for keeping me in mind. I worked the weekend gone in Barry do also missed the last Clonc. If am home I’m always happy to drive for a couple of hours to a Clonc. Aberaeron is good for me. :+1:

Massive apologies! I thought you were from up Mach way!

I happened to sit next to a couple of people from Aberaeron at a History meeting last night, so I asked about eating places with Welsh-speaking staff. The only one they could suggest was the Harbourmaster, but they admitted it was expensive. They said most places in Aberaeron are, but they suggested we try the White Swan Inn in Llanon. Has anyone been there?

…I haven’t… but I know a man who has…

2 Likes

If it’s good enough for the Welsh Whisperer, it’s good enough for me! :joy:

1 Like

I am happy to meet up in Ceredigion. I really enjoyed the meeting in Lampeter last Saturday and appreciate the help and support given by Huw, Dee and Margaret. Diolch yn fawr iawn. Hwyl am y tro
Beth

2 Likes

No issues with White Swan then…

any potential dates?
I’m away on Thur 13th to Mon 17th Dec

Good thing. :joy:

1 Like

Taking a little break from my little break to say that Llanon is good for me. If it was good enough for Mam Dewi Sant, it’s good enough for me. :slight_smile: Sat 8th December works for me. @nicky is away on 15th and 22nd is too close to Christmas.
I enjoyed the Lampeter Clonc with @Deborah-SSi, @margaretnock and @elizabethrowley .
(Back to hibernation, now :slight_smile: )

4 Likes

I can’t do the 15th either, so that’s handy! I’ve been trying to decide between a couple of other things already on the 8th, but if that’s the group decision, then it takes the decision away and I’ll come to Llanon instead :slight_smile:

I’m going away on the 23rd, so the 22nd would be cutting it a bit fine for me as well.

Llanon on the 8th is fine for me too. Hwyl Beth

1 Like

8th is our regular monthly meetup in Machynlleth so I’ll probably have to give this one a miss. See you all next year!

2 Likes

Looking quite likely I will be staying in Barry that weekend too. :upside_down_face:

I’m looking forward to our last meetup for the year - this Saturday (8 Dec), 11am in The White Swan Inn, Llanon. Who’s coming?

1 Like

I will be there in some form!

2 Likes

I shall be there physically - mentally? - not so much. :smile:

2 Likes

Today’s Clonc has moved to the Monachty in Aberaeron!

Apologies for any inconvenience. The White Swan in Llanon was unexpectedly closed so we had to make a last minute decision literally in the car park outside