Clonc-edigion - The Touring Ceredigion Meet Up

Time is not an issue :smiley:

If moving it an hour or so later one month makes it easier for you to get to - we shall do so :smiley:

3 Likes

We had a guy on our table at Llandysul as well, who came on account of the newsletter I seem to remember. As I said today, I am terrible with names - and cannot remember his :frowning:

2 Likes

I’m glad we got to meet in happier circumstances, Huw!

It was also strange to find out that @carolynh and I met 2 years ago and neither of us had remembered! Byd bach, indeed!

I’ll do what I can about a discount, but don’t hold your breath. (Not anywhere near undertaker anyway!) :smile:

5 Likes

I’ll do what I can about a discount, but don’t hold your breath. (Not anywhere near undertaker anyway!)

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

1 Like

It was brilliant to meet all you SSIW people and being able to join in the many Welsh conversations that we had. You name the subject: we talked about it! (But I think Trump only lasted about 1/2 second!)
It was good to meet Huw - not quite a neighbour, and the one and only Dee of newsletter fame.
In spite of living in Tregaron, that was my first visit to the Riverside cafe. The service, food & drink was excellent!

5 Likes

Great to see you Mike!

It was good to meet you, too, @mikebuzzard and thanks for the update on CYD which, I’m glad to see, is still active in Tregaron.

I was also very interested in the imminent talk by Ifor ap Glyn on the The Mametz trail Even though this will be in Welsh, I’m tempted to go for a number of reasons. 1. Because he came to film and interview us at a Tresaith bootcamp. 2. My brother and I made a moving visit to Mametz and many other 1st world war sites a few years ago 3. It’s Ifor ap Glyn!!

2 Likes

It seems like Saturday 24th March - at midday would probably be best for most given the availabilities and all that.

Two venues emerging in the North (and just outside…) of the county

Therefore…

• Machynlleth - Caffi Alys
  • Tre’r Ddol - Caffi Cletwr

0 voters

nothing like a poll to sort this out :smiley:

Shall we give it until the end of the week?

1 Like

Very nice to meet you too @mikebuzzard and I hope you can make the next meetup as well.

1 Like

Diolch, Nicky. I have voted but either venue would be fine with me.

2 Likes

I think most people feel the same way to be honest - the difference between the two is a couple of miles really - and I think whichever one we don’t do will probably be the next obvious choice next time we do a North Ceredigion visit.

I think we’ll leave it until the weekend and then whatever one is winning then, gets the pleasure of our company :smiley:

The difference is about 9 miles really :wink:, about 15 minutes driving.

Both have their advantages, coffee and food is good in both places.

The Owain Glyndŵr Senedd-dŷ is not open until Easter, so the display boards are not up. Otherwise I could have arranged a look round and maybe some harp music! Maybe in the summer…
On the other hand, perhaps we could show you the plans we have for the place (drawn up by the same architects as designed the new Cletwr building).

1 Like

Happy with either. Both can be noisy, which is hard when you’re having to concentrate - and Caffi Cletwr has a rather quieter alcove which we might be able to reserve…

1 Like

Sorry I couldn’t be with you on Saturday - I’m not sure how much 4 kids would have helped the atmosphere (possibly lots, depending on whether they were cooperating or not!), but Ioan had a match in the morning anyway.

I wouldn’t mind a trip to the new Clettwr cafe - I haven’t been into the new building yet! - and would definitely be up for a Machynlleth meeting later in the year when the senedd-dy is open especially if there are plans available to look at.

Diolch as ever to Nicky for this stunning idea - it’s like our own Ceredigion based mini-eisteddfod: going to a new place every month.

2 Likes

Given that the poll is pretty much 50/50 then, and that Caffi Alys is right there with the Senedd and lots of people are looking forward to seeing it, would there be any objections then to doing Caffi CLETWR in March - and then saving Caffi Alys for when this is open, so people can do a “two birds one stone” sort of thing?

Nicky

2 Likes

Sounds like a good plan to me!

1 Like

I’ll make a poster up then and try and get in touch with Cletwr about trying to book out the little alcove room previously mentioned :slight_smile:

1 Like

So, by the very limited power invested in me - I declare this poster… uploaded :slight_smile:

6 Likes

A week today :slight_smile:
I shall be going from Ystrad Meurig to Caffi Cletwr passing through Aberystwyth at 11:30 next Saturday morning. If anyone on my route would like a lift there and back, please send me a PM so that we can arrange pick up details.

PS for @mikebuzzard. If you’d like a lift, I wouldn’t mind making a detour to pick you up (you’re only 11 minutes away. :slight_smile: )

1 Like

And I’ll be driving up from Llandysul, so I can offer a lift to anyone else in the southern part of Ceredigion :slight_smile:

1 Like