Clonc-edigion - The Touring Ceredigion Meet Up

Exciting times!

We would normally accept both of your kind offers but we will be heading down to Newport straight after cloncing with bags to stay over - so we will refuse both of your kind offers on this occasion :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi All!

Remember its a 12/midday meetup this time around to help out people who couldn’t make it at 11 :slight_smile:

I haven’t been able to book the cubby room, but me, Lara and Lara’s dad (who is on the 6mws course) will be there hopefully for at least half an hour before we actually meet, so we will try and hog a couple of tables for those coming.

We’ll be staying until 1pm as we’ve got to boot it down to Newport in South Wales for a friend’s birthday party later on.

Info for any non locals, Cletwr takes credit/debit cards - so don’t worry if you need cash etc. They’ve also got a pretty decent farm shop sort of setup, so bring a bag or two, they’ve usually got some pretty decent stuff in.
If anyone is grabbing food, I’m sure the menus are on the website as well.

1 Like

I’m delighted that my son, Chris, will be joining us. :smile::smile: Chris did a bit of Welsh at school but has only started seriously recently.

3 Likes

Just trying to brush up a bit on my Welsh before tomorrow and spotted this :wink:

2 Likes

Croeso mawr i’r fforwm, mab / welcome to the forum, son. :smile:

1 Like

Diolch yn fawr! Roedd fy’n gwraig a fi yn ymarfer gyda y cwrs tri a nawr ni’n mynd I gysgu. Mae ddrwg da fi am y ysgrifenwch anibendod!

Wella i chi (pawb) yfory yn Dre’r Ddol.

Translation (no doubt entirely needed - very rusty Welsh):

Thanks very much! My wife and I have just practised with course three and now are going to sleep. I’m sorry for the messy writing/spelling/grammar/Welsh!

See you (all) tomorrow in Tre’r Ddol

3 Likes

Translation (no doubt entirely needed - very rusty Welsh):

Not needed because of rustiness, but it’s forum policy to write in English or provide a translation except in the dedicated Welsh thread “Beth dach chi gwneud …” or similar,

1 Like

I really enjoyed “cloncio” with young/old friends again in Caffi Cletwr, Tre’r Ddol, which is a very interesting and successful community initiative.

Bronwen, Helen, Nicky, Lara, Dai-Ewrop, Dee and a surprise star guest (no, not Nia Parry :frowning: ) made 9 of us in total.

I was very glad that my son, @ChrisJones, came with me and, as a result, we have been speaking a lot of Welsh together today. People were a bit non-commital about which one of us was better looking, so I’m glad i didn’t ask who spoke better Welsh because the answer to that is by no means clear cut either. :laughing:

Imagine our surprise and delight (I feel I have to say that :wink:) when the “boss” @aran turned up. As he always does so well, he boosted Chris’s confidence and gave him a useful pointer to the Slack/Practice group. (Diolch cyfaill)

I’m looking forward to our next get-together. I believe @Nicky, the initiator, and @Deborah-SSi already have a new location in mnd.

5 Likes

Only a quick note as we’ve stopped off in Swansea on the way to Newport!!

Another great little meetup in a lovely location. Was great to have the surprise visit,of Aran as well as the new visitors In Chris and Dave.

Really like your son Huw, great guy.

Will write more tomorrow when home :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Sorry to have missed it today. Sounds like you all had a good meet up. I’m in Ceredigion but couldn’t come today because had to take the kids to a bouncy castle party :disappointed_relieved:. Managed to squeeze a bit of Welsh in at the party though!

Hi Nicky - I met you and Lara in Siop y Pethe the week before last and we talked guinea pigs. Hope to call in again soon for the Wednesday session.

Any ideas where the next Clonc-edigion will be?

2 Likes

I heard “Moody Cow” near Aberaeron being mentioned.
Are you the Ros I met at a Tresaith Bootcamp? :smile:

No, a different Ros here Huw. I live near Tregaron.

Me too - Ystrad Meurig. Perhaps we might meet at the next Clonc-edigion. :smile:

1 Like

It was really lovely to meet you all - this is such a great group - and I was so impressed with the quality of Welsh… :star: :star2:

1 Like

Hello Ros! Nice to see you on here!

Do come down to Clwb Clonc again.

Next meeting wise. What dates are good with everyone? I note that we’ve been going one week later in the month every month so would everyone rather keep this going and meet in The first week of May or arrange for late April? Let’s have some dates.

Moody Cow is a new (and Welsh speaking) cafe bar in Llwyncelyn (half way between New Quay and Aberaeron) it was featured on Heno a few weeks ago… I’ll try and hunt the video clip out.

1 Like

Being retired, any Saturday from late April to late May is good for me. (After 8th May, I shall be a year older but not wiser)

1 Like

I’ll try my best to come along too as I thouroughly enjoyed it and fortunately I understood most of what was being said! Looking forward to the next meetup, I may even offer @HuwJones a lift :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

If, presumably, he has made his peace with the question of who is the most handsome member of the family… :wink:

1 Like

Haha, I think we all know it’s better to let him think he’s right :laughing:

1 Like

Another great meetup - sorry I was a little late arriving due to circumstances beyond my control :smile:

My Saturdays in April are pretty much already accounted for, especially with two of them being the first and last days of the April bootcamp. May 5th looks good, but if a Saturday in April is good for everyone else, don’t worry about making the date to suit me.