Clonc-edigion - The Touring Ceredigion Meet Up

It was the most recent venue on Saturday which I think I may have recommended. I agree, Tregaron was great and worth a re-visit in the future. :smile:

1 Like

To be fair, if we didn’t get that venue, then we wouldn’t have had the Bwtcamp link up, or perhaps more would’ve tailed off home if it was too far away, so it was grand for me.

They didn’t speak Welsh behind the counter, but they understood when I held two fingers up (the inoffensive way around, I might add!) and asked “Ga i ddau coffi ddu plis?” :smiley:

1 Like

OK then, based on the above - do we have any objections to…

Saturday 26th May
Moody Cow Cafe, Llwyncelyn (Between New Quay and Aberaeron).

Also, any suggestions for future visits?

Some possibles to think of in the future that I know of…

Baravin, Aberystwyth.
Caffi Alys, Machynlleth (I know there was a bit of a fancy about going when the new bit is open upstairs).
Cwtsh, Cardigan.

Anybody know of any others? :smiley:

No objections from me. It’s in my diary. :smile:

1 Like

Any other places in your neck of the woods for the future Huw?

There must surely be some kind of large, metropolitan cafe in Ystrad Meurig :smiley:

There is an active community centre on the site of the famous historic grammar school Edward Richard Centre, Ystrad Meurig
There are three rooms for hire of which the activities room is the most appropriate (£7/hr). We would have to provide our own refreshments.
My son, @ChrisJones, is on the committee.

Our neighbouring village, Pontrhydfendigaid, has a good village shop “Siop y Bont” and I have, in the past, met there over coffee for Welsh learner conversation, in fact. I’m not sure if they still operate the cafe. I’ll check next time I call and report here. They do have a Facebook presence, so you may be able to find out quicker than I can.

2 Likes

I do like Bont! I have a couple of friends who play football for the town, so I have been over a couple of times.

I like a good “off the beaten track” one :smiley:

Sorry pawb! Only just realised that I haven’t made my monthly poster!

Will do so later on tonight. Will send a message to Moody Cow tonight also to either book the private room or try and just get a big old massive table for us :smiley:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Heads up: I’ve booked us either a 12 person table downstairs or the function room upstairs (they weren’t overly clear in their response)

My advice, come on in and have a look on the ground floor first - if you don’t see us, either ask at the bar “Where is Nicky or the Welsh group?” or make your way up.

If I find out before then which one it is, I will let everyone know.

For visibility, here is where it is - most people from Ceredigion will have probably passed it without knowing

It’s about half way between New Quay and Aberaeron on the A487.

Heading from the North of Ceredigion.
Down the A487, about 1 minute after the Gulf garage on your right. You take a left into the car park and you won’t be able to miss it. The signs are a lot better than they look on that photo above (taken before it opened)

Heading from the South of Ceredigion
Up the A487, about 1 to 1.5 miles after passing through Llanarth and the Llanina Arms you’ll start to see the signs for the Moody Cow. You turn right to get in.
If you end up seeing the Gulf garage on your left, you’ve gone a bit too far - do a u-turn in the garage, do a skid, do a wheelspin and go back from whence you came.

3 Likes

Sorry, I won’t be there this time, because on Saturday I am going to WEMBLEY!!!

ooh, which half of Wembley are you on Saturday? Claret and blue - or white?

Lifelong Claret and Blue. I’ll be going in my Villa 1957 replica FA Cup winning shirt, which I received for my birthday 20 years ago.
The journey is going to be a complete nightmare - engineering works everywhere.

1 Like

Good luck! I know Fulham have been good for he last half of the season but I think they lost it after that final game.

1 Like

I shall be turning up to clonc with a hacking cough/cold (courtesy of my granddaughter - thanks Izzy), so please resist the fully understandable urge to kiss me when you see me. :smile:

As we say in the valleys, “I’m baad” but not, so far, “Baad under the doctor” :laughing:

2 Likes

This the kind of fight, willing and determination that I feel sets Clonc-edigion apart from the pretenders :D:D

2 Likes

A lovely morning/afternoon out. A quiet Clonc-edigion but a good time was had by all.

I am still the fullest I have ever been after what can only be described as the biggest Vegetable Burger in the world.

So I guess the next two questions are:

Dates for the next one. Do we want to go with last week of June or go with early July?

And secondly. Where to next then?

3 Likes

I agree - a very enjoyable chat between a select few. The recently opened Moody Cow was an excellent venue. It was packed (bank holiday) but the service was good and the food was fresh and served in Cardi Farmer portions.

Either date currently suits me. I’ll hold back on investigating Siop y Bont, Pontrhydfendigaid, till I see if there are any other suggestions.

2 Likes

Yes, great venue, amazing food and charming company! Chwarae teg i Phil, coming all the way from Aberdaugleddau!

I don’t mind June or July either at this point in time, and I’ve never been to Pontrhydfendigaid so I’d be up for a trip to see what it’s like.

2 Likes

3 days on - even thought I’ve eaten since this, I’ve still not felt properly hungry!!

Pontrhydfendigaid - or Bont for those of a more casual jaw seems to be the winning horse at the moment :slight_smile: