Clwb Cardiau Post Cymraeg

Why not start now @Irina. You only need a few sentences on a postcard and everybody enjoys receiving them…and the best thing for me it’s a discussion topic on hangouts :slight_smile:
I’ve noticed that I tend to start every sentence with ‘gobeithio’…which means ‘I hope’

We can go over some structures on hangout if you like but as @AnthonyCusack said, you’re well equiped already :slight_smile:

1 Like

Diolch Cath, I’m going to frame this. I love it.

1 Like

I’ve received 7 postcards so far, including this lovely bear from Canada. I’ve sent more, including @SusanDavies and replied to the ones I’ve received. It’s all great fun.

2 Likes

Woo hoo!!! Postcards!!! Diolch

@AnthonyCusack, @gisella-albertini, @nia.llywelyn,
thank you so much for your encouragement! I’ll sign up right away and start pestering unsuspecting victims with my broken Welsh soon!

4 Likes

We look forward to hearing from you!

1 Like

You are welcome Jen! No I have not got yours yet but Canada Post is very slow and I live in the back of beyond! How would you say that in Welsh? Y Gwyll?

I would like to add that I have had so much fun finding postcards here on the “Coast”. They are generally only in the touristy areas but I have been going to all the small shops and letting people know what I am doing. So far I have found one woman learning Irish, one learning Danish and at the last shop they made me teach everyone in the shop the Welsh for “Hello and Goodbye” before I could leave. (Its a very rural area here and people seem genuinely interested.) One postmistress was insistent that I find cards from the Sunshine Coast and not just Canadian ones! Thank you to @aled-roberts #4, mike #89, sue #86 for your lovely cards and words of encouragement! Replies on their way to you!

3 Likes

Sorry I haven’t had chance to send one to you yet. I sent one to someone before I had yours but wasn’t sure if they had it.

1 Like

Hello. I have only sent one postcard out but intend to send more very soon. I have just returned from Nepal and still trting to get my head together.

You have a rather special stamp @Jackie. Where did you get it? Diolch am y cerdyn post :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry, Nia - I thought you were asking me where I had posted it! I bought several of these in a gift shop in Tenby, last summer. I tend to buy pretty/useful cards, postcards, etc, whenever I see them, because if I wait until I actually need a card/postcard, I can never seem to find anything I really like. I’m working through my stash rather quickly now though! :rofl:

2 Likes

I was asking about the stamp. Where did you buy that @Jackie? Or is it the post office’s stamp?
Diolch am y gerdyn bost :slight_smile:

It is part of the actual postcard, Nia. It looks like it has been stamped on after posting, but it is already on the card. xx

2 Likes

Can anyone join? I’m in Australia.

2 Likes

I had another postcard :grin: need to find time to sit down and reply now. Diolch Bethan.
I have to admit to using goggle translate mostly to read them enjoying getting them

Of course @kirsty-5 :slight_smile:
Send your address to nia@saysomethingin.com and you’ll be included in next Friday’s e-mail :slight_smile:

Dyma ni’n mynd eto

3 Likes

Just had more cards, one is a beautiful hand made one and the otherwise come from India no less. :smiley:

6 Likes

Wonderful news, Meinir Gwilym will be a part of Clwb Cardiau Post

8 Likes