Clwb Cardiau Post Cymraeg

Have fun with it! I was sorely tempted to get postcards when I was in Caerdydd recently, but since I don’t live there, it felt disingenuous to get them. ^^; Do whatever makes you happy, though—it’s the words on the cards that matter, not the pictures!

1 Like

I felt the same :slight_smile: but I won’t get postcards for where I live so I did buy one with a picture of Brecon on and probably will get others too. Just because they look nice, nobody wants to postcard from where I live LOL

1 Like

I would love to get a postcard from where you live! I’m going back to my dinky hick hometown in America over Christmas, which is an embarrassment to the people of my country—if you want, I’ll send you a postcard from there! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well, I would love to get a postcard from both of you @jen and @AddiT
I would reciprocrate, of course, if you want :smile:

1 Like

I don’t think they make them is not a tourist place

What a shame. But if that’s the case, I suppose there is nothing to be done…

2 Likes

I’m having a really hard time finding any here, mostly because I haven’t been able to afford entrance/parking to our tourist areas, and I haven’t found anything in the places I’ve looked so far… so my sister offered to help me make my own postcards if I don’t have luck soon (I’m going to start calling nearby hotels and motels to see if they have any in the lobby). My sister likes photography, so we are going to print some of her photos on card paper I think. I don’t know about other countries, but our US Postal Service apparently doesn’t care.

(I am so, so sorry to the person below me on the list!!! :frowning: I hope to have something in the mail by Monday… I have a dozen postcards from London stashed away from when I lived there in the early 90s - totally not helpful since my first card will be going straight to Llundain… and some more from my six years living in China, but nothing at all from California! :anguished: )

Doesn’t matter I’ve found some lovely Welsh ones

@jen
That’s great. Hopefully I will get a postcard from you one day :smile:

@sasha-lathrop
In this case, I’m not sure whether I should wish you luck with your search or not :sweat_smile:
I love your idea of making your own postcards, even if its born out of necessity!

1 Like

Thanks @Camilla_Walker! I think making them is going to be a lot of fun, and it will be great seeing what we can come up with. My sister is a busy mom of 6-year-old twins, so I imagine that project might be slow :wink: It’s her 40th birthday today, so I won’t be talking to her about it again before tomorrow. I think I’ll just ask her if she has any good photos from recent trips so we can crank some out! Hot off the press! I was worried that maybe it would be “less appealing” to receive homemade ones…

1 Like

On the contrary, I would love to receive a homemade card! They might not be as “perfect” as the ones you can buy in a shop but they’re unique and show your very own view on your home!
In my opinion that’s what will make them really special and very much appealing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you, that makes me really happy to hear. It also makes me wonder if I dare make some with artwork on them too… that will take more time, of course, but the wheels are turning in my mind. :love_letter:

Exciting news, we’ll be holding card making workshops soon hopefully. Some might be online?! Watch this space :smile:

3 Likes

What timing! Gwych! :smile:

See @sasha-lathrop?
You’ll get famous here! :wink:
Of course it’s nice, not to mention interesting, to get a postcard with pictures from the sender’s home. But hopefully we will be sending each others postcards for a loooong time to come and it would be boring if we received the same card over and over again.

If you want to express yourself with art as much as your written words: Do it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Hoomemade sound brilliant - they’re sending an extra bit of ‘you’ :slight_smile:
I may follow suit later on - have really struggled for something to capture where I am as well. A challenge to look forward to when other things settle down a bit!

1 Like

I had to resort to Amazon for postcards but I live in Ohio and I doubt we’re lighting up the postcard scene over here :joy:. As with anything on Amazon there are a ton to choose from but not very personalized. Lots of different themes which may be nice around the holidays though. I like to think I’m somewhat crafty so the homemade route sounds like a good idea.

2 Likes

Thanks @Camilla_Walker @ann-6 @Allie for the encouragement and advice! I think I will be taking a look on Amazon next time I get paid, and I am also going to be exploring my options for making some of my own, too! I’ll feel so much better once I’ve gotten something mailed off in the post! I don’t want anyone to be sadly awaiting my card… :love_letter:

Not sadly, anticipating!
And depending on the destination it might take some time. Personally, I’ll be happy as long as I get a card, even if I have to wait quite some time :love_letter:

1 Like

Diolch pawb :star_struck::clap::clap::clap:

4 Likes