Clwb Cardiau Post Cymraeg

I bought a pack of 40 postcards (each print has a duplicate) on Amazon for a little over $10. They also sell blank ones which have good reviews for making homemade ones.

1 Like

Ok, my first handmade postcard is finished - much faster than I expected, and I am happy with the results! I was fortunate to have some card paper and watercolor pencils already on hand. I don’t want to post a picture yet, I want it to be a surprise for its recipient. Maybe I will put one in here in a couple weeks after it has had time to travel around the world. :wink: Thanks again for the encouragement, everyone!

2 Likes

On a similar, but not quite postcard theme, my friend, for many years received a weekly letter from the mother of a previous boyfriend. Each envelope was painted, front and back, and the postmen in the office used to look out for them. I think they’ve even had an exhibition of their own.

2 Likes

Just posted my first. Think I will go down the list, as I don’t know anyone. Plus, if I receive a postcard from someone I will send them one back:)
Took a photo in the rain - you can tell by my hands I’m over 21!!!

/Users/franhunnisett1/Pictures/Photos Library.photoslibrary/resources/proxies/derivatives/26/00/26f4/UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_26f4.jpg

4 Likes

On a techie note, how do I post the photo without all the info below as to where it is linked from. Don’t see that in other photos.

E-mail on it’s way Nia :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Can’t we make postcards from our own local photos? Just because it’s not a tourist area does not exclude where you live. What about local pub, park, events, buildings etc?

3 Likes

Mass sending yesterday to the first 30 members of Clwb Cardiau Post. I wonder will you be one of them? :smile:

Diolch i Caffi Kiki in Blaenau Ffestiniog for letting us write postcards there while drinking 3 cups of coffee and eating lunch

They have Welsh Wednesday meetings there if you live close to Blaenau Ffestiniog it’s well worth the visit.
Totally different part of Blaenau to where we visited during our Day Out in August

8 Likes

We saw Welsh Whisperer last week, he was performing Tumble Hall. Absolutely, brilliant!

3 Likes

You can send him a poscard now to say that in Welsh @annmoore

And for anyone who’s interested…S4C is now reshowing Bethan Gwanas’s trio to Gbara

2 Likes

How do I know where to send it and are there rules?
I would be very happy to send him a postcard :star_struck:

I’ve been doing something similar using watercolor pencils to draw from photos of local sights - my second one is finished now. I’m having a lot of fun doing it! I don’t want to post pics just yet because I don’t want to spoil the surprise for the recipients. :wink:

3 Likes

Great idea!

1 Like

I hope people like dinosaurs because I found some post cards at the local science museum. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’ve just realized that o have sent a card to the right person because I thought the numbering went down the columns and not across. Sorry I’ll get onto it.

1 Like

I don’t feel quite so bad now! You’re the person I’m sending my first postcard to, but I haven’t found any yet either! I’m going to Cardiff tomorrow to work there for a few days, so I will be stocking up!

You WILL get a postcard, I promise!

3 Likes

If you can wait until you receive the e-mail this Friday @annmoore :slight_smile: Basic rules are right back at the beginning of this thread !

2 Likes

I found some in the Welsh shop there.

2 Likes

Yay @Deborah-SSi I’m so excited to get a postcard from you! :smile:

I decided to have a go at making some with artwork on them, so I’ve been busy with my watercolor pencils and I have three finished now. I didn’t know I could do something like these until I had done them! :wink: I can hardly wait for the post office to open… it’s still too early here!

5 Likes

Yayyyy! My first two postcards are on the way! :smile::love_letter:

3 Likes