Coming to Cymru!

The baths are great. The remains of the amphitheatre are well worth a look too (across the road and down a short lane).

The museum in Newport central library has some bits and pieces about the early inhabitants of Newport. Also worth a look, especially if it’s Wednesday morning - there’s a Welsh reading group that meets there at 0930, and then hangs around for a chat afterwards

1 Like

Lovely castell in Caerffili! And there is a small art gallery with local crafts.

1 Like

Dydd da again — I’m intending to be there tomorrow morning at the Welsh speaking group in Caerleon, so I’m looking forward to meeting people and giving it a go! :slight_smile: I must admit I still haven’t got beyond Level 1, Challenge 1 of SSiW (I’ve got a lot of other things on my plate and I am wanting to keep the focus on my Cornish while I’m working towards exams in it), but I’d love to learn a little more of the basics and have any recommendations for books and other learning materials for absolute beginners in Welsh. I do want to learn the language properly when I can — just having to take it slowly at the moment! :smile:

Bore da Courtenay

looking to meeting you,we’ll be sat in the dining area just off the main bar,if in doubt ask the bar staff.

Dave.

2 Likes