Course 1 vs Level 1 - which? Why? When? What?!

Hi Lorna. Is it 10 months already?! Wow! Yes, I can confirm that I’m still happily bonkers and making slow but steady progress with my Welsh learning! :slight_smile: I hope you are feeling similarly encouraged 4 months on?..

Last week I completed the final lesson of course 3 (after first doing level 3). I really enjoyed combining the high intensity of the levels with the more structured, repetitive approach of the old courses, and likewise, the fast pace of the accelerated listening exercises with the more in-depth ‘old’ vocab units (great for revision too).

As I really rushed through both level 3 and course 3, I’m now going to revisit every 5th lesson of these, maybe at 1.5-2x speed, and maybe some of level 2 and the vocab units whilst waiting for the new advanced material (very excited about that!!). I’d really like to start reading and speaking more too, but that’s less easy to combine with other activities than playing ssiw in the background (living abroad with 4 kids and working adds to the challenge!). In the meantime I’ll continue to do some other Welsh-related activity every day e.g. Duolingo, listening to radio Cymru etc… And then next year I hope to get some real immersion to boost my speaking skills (and confidence), e.g. a long weekend staying with first-language or fluent speakers or maybe even a bwtcamp!.. :slight_smile: