Coventry/Birmingham SSIWers trip to Wrexham

Getting all excited about a Monday evening a fortnight from now… Wondering about travel options. :face_with_monocle::thinking:

1 Like

Good for me. I don’t live in Brum (though I was brought up there a long time ago - that’s another story). But I am a “regular” at the Saith Seren (though somewhat lapsed in recent months due to being busy at my new home in Arfon!)

I need to go back to the Saith Seren. I may even go back sooner (like tomorrow and/or the following week). But I have put 29th July in my diary. See you all then :slight_smile:

2 Likes

29th ok for me

1 Like

Things are a bit up in the air at the moment, so not sure yet, but I think I’ll be able to make it. If so, I’ll be coming from the other (Wales) midlands, so can’t offer or partake of any car-sharing, I’m afraid.

Is that allowed? Joining a Coventry/Birmingham meet up in Saith Seren from somewhere completely different? :thinking:

2 Likes

Definitely allowed! Come along if it turns out you’re able - you’ll be very welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Seconded.

2 Likes

29th Good for me.

1 Like

Hi Mark,

Please go ahead an plan and I might be a last minute “yes” (and appreciate that you all can’t wait for me before making your travel arrangements). I may be driving on a long journey early the next day with my job, and need to be careful not to back-to-back the travel.

1 Like

Sounds like we have a date for a trip! At least a couple of us will meet up this Saturday morning at the Rugby Wyevale Garden Centre for a sgwrs a phanad - we’ll iron out some details there, and I’ll come back to you all after that.

2 Likes

So sorry I missed this! I fell into a decorating/house sorting hole and suddenly realised it was halfway through Monday evening and I’d been planning on being somewhere else entirely.

Hope you all had a good time. You’ve been very quiet since. Is @gruntius holding you all hostage in a basement somewhere?

1 Like

Next time let us know, we could come to you and have a Welsh decorating day and get it finished in half the time. (I am, of course, joking. I bloody hate decorating!!)

The evening was really good. Nothing was done any differently though, just sitting around having a chat. It was nice to catch up with @mintonman again, that’s always a pleasure, and nice to meet the others who made the trip (I’m really, really hopeless with names, sorry … Pete … Trevor … sorry). And @Bob came down for a visit too to join in for the evening. (I hope this doesn’t come across the wrong way but it’s been really good over the years to see the improvement in Mark’s Welsh. The thing is, you don’t necessarily notice yourself improving so seeing someone else improving makes you think and hope that you are too.)

Next time @Isata?

1 Like

That’s disappointing. I’ve barely scratched the surface. Do you like tiling, by any chance? :wink:

It’s a relief that @mintonman is improving at last… - seriously though, I know what you mean about seeing someone else improve. Though as the pair of you are streets ahead of me, I wouldn’t be able to judge.

I’m glad you had a good time. Though it was pretty inevitable, since you’re all such a nice bunch of people. Next time, for sure!

Maybe I’ll catch up with you at the Eisteddfod. :eggplant::eggplant::eggplant::grin:

2 Likes

Like? No. Can? Yes.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha(breathe)Arrghhhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.!!

2 Likes

Safer that way than the other way round…

1 Like