Coventry group - November update

Shw mae everyone, just to let people know that the usual Wednesday evening meetup for November will be on the second Wednesday of the month, that’s November 8th, in the usual place the Litten Tree at 6.30pm.

We will also be meeting at the Language cafe at the Old Windmill pub, Spon Street, Coventry on Sunday November 5th at 3pm.

Thanks
Andy

2 Likes

Did you have any meetings in December? Are you having meetings in the New Year ?

Hi, yes we met on the first Wednesday of December and we plan to meet on the first Wednesday of January which will be January 3rd (in the Litten Tree at 6.30 ish). I’ll put a note out if the meeting gets cancelled. If you’re on Facebook we have a group https://www.facebook.com/groups/DysguCymraegCoventry/ .

Diolch
Andy

1 Like

Confirming - we are meeting tomorrow.

1 Like

Thank you. I have just started Welsh after a 50 year absence - I did it in school in the 60’s in Port Talbot. I would like to come to one of your Meetups. I have been going to a Spanish group for about 6 months and know that it really does wonders for your speaking.

I need to get a lot more Challenges under my belt and then I’ll show up.

Diolch yn fawr,

davee52uk

2 Likes

That’s great! Congratulations on starting again!

We had a last minute cancellation tonight so we’re meeting again next week as well. Same time same place, the Litten Tree at 6.30.

Diolch
Andy

1 Like
  1. Do you have any meetings in February or as I say in Southwalesian “Febry” ?

2. Where is the Litten Tree ?

3. I would like to come to a Meetup but not necessarily say anything. I have found that it is useful to listen to others speaking the language, in my case Spanish and to try and understand what is said. also it helps to just “tune - in” to the sound. Is this O.K ?

1 Like

Hi Dave
The Litten Tree is on Warwick Road, Coventry, in the city centre, a couple of doors up from Warwick Road United Reformed Church, fairly adjacent to Shelton Square and round the corner from Methodist Central Hall and the Inspire bar. Full address 1 Warwick Rd, Coventry CV1 1EX.
Yes of course you are very welcome to come and just listen.
I’m not sure when the next meeting will be. It’s due tomorrow but I’m unavailable. Normally we would push it back a week but that is of course the 14th, so that might also be out. I’ll let you know what is decided.
Thanks
Andy

1 Like