Coventry meetups - Latest News

When it shows you History, do you see this at the bottom?

The ‘Edit Post’ looks disabled, but it works if I click on it. I’m not sure if that’s just because I’m Admin though.

No I don’t, those buttons are not there for me.

They must be only visible to Admin then, sorry.

If you put the latest information at the bottom and tag me, I’ll add it into the top post as well. Most people that look regularly will be automatically positioned at where they were before, but new people will come in at the top.

Brilliant thanks. Here’s the latest :slight_smile:

LITTEN TREE PUB
2nd Wednesday of every month at the Litten Tree, 1 Warwick Road Coventry CV1 1EX from 7.00 p.m. We generally sit at one of the outside tables so wrap up warm. Usually finishing around 8.30.

May 19th NOT the 12th
June 8th
July 13th
August 17th

DOBBIES GARDEN CENTRE
3rd Saturday of every month at Dobbies Garden Centre, Straight Mile, Frankton, Rugby CV23 9QQ, from 10.30 (ish) a.m. We meet in the outside area at the far side of the cafe so again wrap up warm. Usually finishing around 12.30.

May 21st
June 18th
July 16th
August 20th

EARLSDON METHODIST CHURCH
1st, 3rd and (if there is one) 5th Thursdays of the month, upstairs at Earlsdon Methodist Church, Albany Road, CV5 6NF, at 10.30 a.m.

May 5, 19
June 2, 16, 30
July 7, 21
August 4, 18

@Deborah-SSi In fact I should have started a new thread shouldn’t I, seeing as the top post says Happy New Year!! How about don’t make any changes and I will start a new thread instead, I think that will be simpler and make more sense, presumably that’s why we can’t edit stuff! Thanks :slight_smile:

It’s actually easier for me to just copy and paste the new information, than to take note of where you’ve started a new thread and update the link in the Post-Pandemic Meetups thread that I point people to in the newsletter … not that it looks like anyone has clicked on Coventry in that list, which is a bit strange!

The other thing we can do is just put a bold comment “Scroll down for the latest dates” in the top post, then you just keep posting at the bottom. How about that?

Yes that’s good :slight_smile: How about if you change the top post to the following (with no dates at all) and then I’ll update the thread with specific dates as and when :slight_smile:

Hi everyone! Coventry SSIW meets at the following dates and times and places:

LITTEN TREE PUB
2nd Wednesday of every month at the Litten Tree pub, 1 Warwick Road Coventry CV1 1EX from 7.00 p.m. We generally sit at one of the outside tables so wrap up warm if it’s cold. Usually finishing around 8.30.

DOBBIES GARDEN CENTRE
3rd Saturday of every month at Dobbies Garden Centre, Straight Mile, Frankton, Rugby CV23 9QQ, from 10.30 (ish) a.m. We meet in the outside area at the far side of the cafe so again wrap up warm if it’s cold. Usually finishing around 12.30.

EARLSDON METHODIST CHURCH
1st, 3rd and (if there is one) 5th Thursdays of the month, upstairs at Earlsdon Methodist Church, Albany Road, CV5 6NF, at 10.00 a.m.

Scroll down to the bottom of this thread for precise dates (they do vary occasionally).

Hope to see some of you at some of these. You don’t have to arrive on the start time, feel free to arrive and leave at your convenience.

Thanks
Andy

1 Like

Done :slight_smile:

thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, I’m a new learner based in Coventry, are these events open to beginners? Would I be able to join the coventry mailing lists?
(jenna_lebrunp@outlook.com)

Diolch!
Jenna

Hi @jenna-7, yes, and yes! I will add you to the mailing lists now and hope to see you soon!

Congratulations on starting what I’m sure will be wonderful journey.

Andy

Coventry SSIW next meetings - see top post for more details
LITTEN TREE PUB 1 Warwick Road Coventry CV1 1EX from 7.00 p.m.
July 13; August 10; September 14

DOBBIES GARDEN CENTRE Straight Mile, Frankton, Rugby CV23 9QQ, from 10.30 (ish) a.m.
July 16; August 20; September 17

EARLSDON METHODIST CHURCH Albany Road, CV5 6NF, at 10.30 a.m.
July 21; August 4, 18; September 1, 8, 15

1 Like

Hi @Deborah-SSi
Please could you add the following to the top post?

COVENTRY WELSH CHAPEL
1st three Sundays of the month, Radford and Holbrooks Methodist Church, Rupert Road CV6 3AZ, 2.30pm. Doors close 5 minutes before service starts. Tea and chat in Welsh after service.

In the last paragraph please could you change “You don’t have to arrive on the start time” to “You don’t have to arrive on the start time (except for the chapel service)”

Thanks
Andy

1 Like

Done :slight_smile:

1 Like

diolch!

Note for August: the cafe in the Methodist Church is closed during the month of August, so on Thursday, 18 August we are going to meet in The City Arms pub, opposite the church. Buy a cup of coffee or tea or something stronger and join us at the back of the pub. Maybe, in a week’s time, the weather will be more comfortable.
Andy

Unfortunately, the Earlsdon Methodist Church cafe is still closed so the meeting on Thursday September 1st (10.30 a.m.) will again be in the City Arms pub opposite.

Hi, Myself and my husband are on level 1 challenge 16. We would like to join one of the meet ups in Coventry, is the one on 15th Sept at Earlsdon Methodist Church still going ahead please?

Diane

@diane-pidduck Yes it’s definitely going ahead. I haven’t heard that the church cafe is closed so I’m assuming it will be in the church.

Thanks
Andy