Deep End Week 1 question

I’ve decided to give the Welsh ‘Deep End’ course a go. I’ve just got the email for week 1 and one of the tasks is to do Level 3 Challenges 1 & 2. However I’m currently up to Level 3 Challenge 21, so should I just skip doing Challenges 1 & 2? The rest of the ‘Deep End’ tasks seem good, though, and I’m going to do my very best to commit to doing them!

Edit: since writing this post, I have now completed the rest of Level 3!

1 Like

I don’t know what the ‘official’ response (@aran) would be to this - it may depend on whether any of the additional activities are linked to the specific challenges for the week.

If you’re keen to get to the end of Level 3 - you’re tantalisingly close - then you could finish those and then go through again. Or, depending on the time you have available, you could do Challenge 1 & 2, plus Challenge 22 and so on. I’m sure that whichever combination works for you, the course can accommodate!

I did Level 3 as it was released, but it’s nice to go back over the previous challenges, because you realise how much you’ve learnt, which is a boost!

3 Likes

Thanks for your response. You may have seen my forum post about me now completing Level 3 (yes I did the final 5 challenges in the space of 2 days :slight_smile: ) But yes, your suggestions make sense.

1 Like

That’s what I would have done too - I wouldn’t have been able to wait.

Now, I cycle through the lessons, doing one a day - in fact (and I’ll probably be in trouble with Aran for saying this) I use them to get to sleep! Not because it’s boring to do them again - it’s just so relaxing hearing Aran and Catrin’s dulcet tones. And it’s such a contrast to when I first did the lessons and concentrated so hard and panicked trying to fit the words in the gap. When I’m half asleep and relaxed, my Welsh is much improved!

2 Likes

Actually, we learn better when we’re in a relaxed state. Tension and anxiety definitely inhibits learning and makes it harder for the brain to take in information, so I can see the logic in that. I’m looking forward to going through the northern course too btw.

1 Like

I’d probably tend to re-do them, but very much ‘choose your own flavour’ really… :slight_smile:

1 Like