Do you want to laugh with mutations?

Bore da ! I spoke about that in a reply to new learner Francesca (well, probably a less new learner now), but I write this specific (and much much shorter !) post just in case.
Those who find mutations are a nightmare could laugh a lot with this Rhod Gilbert sketch. I don’t know if the SSIW forum allows links, so you have just to ask Google (or annybody else !) (Rhod Gilbert learning welsh".

5 Likes

S’mai!
It does allow links…there are two ways to do them that I know of - 1) cut and paste it into your post:

and 2) creating a link using the little feature above the text box in the options like so Rhod Gilbert learning welsh

5 Likes

Diolch Sean.
In another style I also like very much listen to “Wales shark” (no need links, there would be too many, because a lot of videos on youtube). Much more seirous, but at times very funy also, and always interesting.

Currently I can’t stop listening to this Rhod Gilbert sketch !!! Too funny !

4 Likes

Ah…chalk dust brings back so many achoo memories :woozy_face:

ah that’s lovely that is… really made me laff

Rhod Gilbert is hilarious! Have you seen his airport luggage sketch? Not about learning Welsh, but still very funny.

1 Like

For another chance to laugh at with while learning Welsh:

(and check out the other episodes on that channel).

Rhod Gilbert has a kind of cameo rôle as a very odd head of department.

1 Like

What makes me laugh in ghose videos, as well the thod Gilbert as the latest one is that if you replace the welsh context by a breton one (mutatons of course, but also some perfectly boring night - or day - lessons…) you get exactly the same. Great ! Thanks, diolch !

Dee said : "Rhod Gilbert is hilarious! Have you seen his airport luggage sketch? Not about learning Welsh, but still very funny.

I’ll go and listen to that !

Dee, I went and saw the luggage sketch : very very funny, even if I don’t understand the whole, unfortunately.
Afterwards I listenend to some “truth or lie” and could see, concerning the two that occure in Brittany, that he speaks very very well french, wthout any accent, even on the nasals sounds (an-in-on-un) which geneerally are very difficult for strangers. He pronounces perfectly the word “angine”

PS : I’m just thinking : what would have been (or would be) the equivalent of the Rhod Gilbert “learning welsh” sketch if he was learning irish gaelc or scottish gaelic !!! Because for those tongues, in addition to mutations, there are declensions, as in latin (but “just” 3 cases if I remind : vocative, genitive, dative, and OF COURSE, differents forms in each one, depending if the noum beeint declinated is masculine, feminine, neutral, and other paradigms (such as "is the noum an adjective, a person noum, etc). A pure nightmare Welsh and berton are easy languages compared to !!!
Anyway you may unfortunately understand that such difficult languages are looising the game against englsih, such un easy tongue to learn…

a mae Elis James yn doniol iawn.

I’ve never seen this. Almost David Brent level awkwardness.

Dolch am bostio

And here we are, mutation issues - is it postio neu bostio :smile:

Unfortunately, I don’t undersand the whole sketch : Rhod Gilbert speaks really very very fast). But I understand enough to laugh (especially since it could be exactly the same sketch if learning breton : I already heard here what is said on the breton teachers, that they are facists, etc). But I regret I can’t find the words of the sketch on the web : riights well protected !