With only two and a half weeks to go till Dydd Gwyl Dewi / St David’s Day, I thought I’d get the ball rolling.
Many of us will be used to celebrating this day with friends and family at various events. Maybe a concert here and there, a meal out, a gig or a play, a recital or an evening in the pub. But of course this year is very different.
It would be a real shame to let the day pass without any effort. So I thought I’d start this thread where we could share with each other online events, ideas on how to celebrate, recipes for traditional Welsh dishes and so on.
But before we get started, here’s a reminder of what it’s all about…
If you haven’t organised anything yet, or aren’t sure what to do, then here are a few tips and ideas…
- Wear a leek on your lapel… just a little pretend one…
- Wear a daffodil on your lapel
- Have a vase of daffodils in your home
- Wear something red or a favourite Welsh shirt/rugby shirt
- Listen to Welsh music
- Listen to Radio Cymru
- Watch S4C
- Share your favourite Welsh music on social media
- Sing Welsh songs
- Speak Welsh all day
- Read something in Welsh
- Fly the St David flag
- Fly the Welsh flag
- Play Welsh Monopoly
- Play Welsh Scrabble
- Cook or bake traditional Welsh fayre for a special St David’s dinner
- Watch the famous Hedd Wyn film
- Watch the Stormydd Awst film - filmed in Pwllheli and includes a small role by my brother.