Dysgwr y Flwyddyn practice hangout - quiz me please!

Oh, Huw, you are a mere spring chicken! I

I hope to become a full grown cockerel when I grow up. :laughing:

1 Like

Actually, most years there seems to be someone in the final four who already works as a Welsh tutor, so even that doesn’t disqualify you! The first Dysgwr y Flwyddyn I came across had worked as a teacher of French (and another language, I think) before learning Welsh, then working as a Welsh tutor. I couldn’t take it seriously after that, just treating it as a day out speaking Welsh, and getting to meet lovely people like Nia Parry, and Llion Williams!

5 Likes

I can see how Dysgwr/learner could be stretched to include anyone (Life long learning and all that …)

However, shouldn’t the winner be the one who this year is the best learner/has learned the most/overcome the biggest hurdles (all of this year), not the one who is the most learned?

Slightly off topic.
Karengo, great to see on your profile that you have alpacas. I don’t know if you know my friends, Steve and Sue Heatherington, who own Welsh Valley Alpacas, just North of Swansea. They said they might know you, but perhaps not by your forum name.

Hi John,
I don’t think I know them, but I don’t have a lot of contact with other alpaca breeders. NefiPaca.cymru is my business. To pull this back on topic, one of our alpacas is now blogging in Welsh… You’ll see it as “blog Monty” if you’re looking at the Welsh version of the site, but note that it is NOT a translation of his English language blog. This is one of the things I’ve been doing with my Welsh and yes, one of the judges brought it up in the DyF interview! Possibly that’s what he didn’t like, of course:)

1 Like

Finally got to see you all on S4C y fore’ma in ‘Dal Ati’ I thought you were all very fluent, more so than in previous years. SSiW got a good plug! I’m sure you all mention it and if it gets on screen depends on the TV producers!

1 Like