East Coast Time Zone Meetup Beginning

Thank you so much for checking!

Whatā€™s this about Philadelphia in 2020? I have family thereā€¦

The National Association Festival of Wales (NAFOW) has a yearly convention either in the United States or Canada. Last year it was in Washington DC. This year it will be in Milwaukee and next year, 2020, it will be in Philadelphia.

From the website:

The tradition began in 1929 when over 4,000 people gathered at Niagara Falls for the first National Gymanfa Ganu. It became the largest gathering of the Welsh, descendants, and friends in North America. The festival is held in a different location each year, in either the U.S. or Canada, on the shared Labor Day holiday weekend, and this year is our 90th anniversary. Prepare yourself for four full days of song, merriment, and camaraderie with old and new friends, celebrating the life, heritage, and culture of Wales in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

I was only able to attend on Saturday, but I heard several lectures (most by Aran), spoke a ton of Cymraeg and had a total blast. If Milwauke was closer to the East Coast, Iā€™d attend. Iā€™ll wait until 2020 for Philadelphia and volunteer to help on the SSiW table.

3 Likes

Well now, that sounds like fun!

@jennifer-thomas-mend @violetsnow @Allison @Abbey @laurawydapszeniczny @sarah-17 @Bobi @matt-oliver @KellyMoore @rdavidclark

Mae ddrwg gen i, pawb. (sorry, everyone) for posting so late. Life gets busy sometimes and Iā€™ve forgotten to post about tomorrowā€™s meeting. Letā€™s work on our adjectives and tell the group about a cool place you have visited. Hereā€™s a link to a page loaded with adjectives to assist.

2 Likes

@johnowen @sasha-lathrop @matt-oliver

Mae ddrwg gen i, pawb. (sorry, everyone) for posting so late. Life gets busy sometimes and Iā€™ve forgotten to post about tomorrowā€™s meeting. Letā€™s work on our adjectives and tell the group about a cool place you have visited. Hereā€™s a link to a page loaded with adjectives to assist.

2 Likes

@jennifer-thomas-mend @violetsnow @Allison @Abbey @laurawydapszeniczny @sarah-17 @Bobi @matt-oliver @KellyMoore @rdavidclark

Iā€™m sorry everyone. Iā€™ve caught a nasty virus and am totally not able to host tonightā€™s session. But weā€™ll make it up next week.

@johnowen @sasha-lathrop @matt-oliver

Iā€™m sorry everyone. Iā€™ve caught a nasty virus and am totally not able to host tonightā€™s session. But weā€™ll make it up next week.

Oh, bummer! Sorry to hear youā€™re not feeling well. Take good care of yourself and weā€™ll do it next week! Brysia wella! :sunflower::hibiscus::blossom::tulip:

2 Likes

Diolch, Sasha-Lathrop. Mae gen i panad o de a dw iā€™n gwylio y rhaglen Y Gwyll ar S4C. Iā€™ve got a cup of tea and Iā€™m watching the program, Hinterland on S4C.

1 Like

Oh no! Feel better! Although isnā€™t it great that Y Gywll is on S4C now! See you next week.

2 Likes

Dw i wedi bod yn gwylio Y Gwyll hefyd. ( I have been watching Hinterland too) I watched it before in Saesneg.
Tan y tro nesa. (Until next time).

2 Likes

O na! Brysia wella! Iā€™d like to note that even in your absence Iā€™ve been able to learn that new phrase for getting better. Iā€™m looking forward to next week.

2 Likes

@delawarejones Brysia wella! So sorry to hear you arenā€™t feeling well. Enjoy Y Gwyll - great that itā€™s available on S4C now. I had to buy the DVDs to see it in Welsh. Totally worth it - itā€™s a great show!

2 Likes

Brysia wella, Court! A DIOLCH am dy holl waith arbennig a dy holl angerdd dros y Gymraegā€¦ :star: :star2:

@AnnaC @Abbey @rdavidclark @KellyMoore
Diolch i chi i gyd! Thank you all! Dwi 'di bod yn cysgu llawer a dw iā€™n teimloā€™n tipyn bach well. Iā€™ve been sleeping a lot and Iā€™m a little bit feeling better.

@aran Diolch o galon am eich geiriau caredig. Dw iā€™n llwyddiannus oherwydd maeā€™r pobl ar y ffrwm 'na yn mor bod o gymorth. Beth ydy grŵp heb ei aelodau? Mae pawb yn calonogi ein gilydd. Mae hiā€™n ymdrech grŵp! Dw iā€™m gwneud dim byd.

2 Likes

I am glad to hear you are feeling better. I have to echo @aran sentiments about your contributions to getting people to speak. I have no one to talk Welsh to where I live. When I do speak in Welsh, people give me funny looks and ask if I am speaking German. Only my family is tolerant. But because you started the meet up I can talk to others, learn new words, make mistakes and have a great time. I am sad when I miss our discussions and lately I have missed a lot because of work and other obligations.
Thank you for setting it up and giving encouragement where it is needed. I do hope you feel better soon and I look forward to our next conversation.

2 Likes

Pfffffā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

Youā€™re welcome very much. I get as much out of the meetings as the other members and without you and them, it would be me talking to myself. :grin:

2 Likes

i just starting here i would like to join your thurs group dee told me about. Is it still going on