East Coast Time Zone Meetup Beginning

No worries, Abbey. Thank you for the heads up and we’ll be here when you return from your musical sabbatical :musical_note: :musical_keyboard: :musical_score:

1 Like

@jennifer-thomas-mend @violetsnow @Allison @laurawydapszeniczny @sarah-17 @Bobi @matt-oliver @KellyMoore @rdavidclark

Ugh! I’m sorry everyone. I totally spaced tonight is my Daughter’s performance in the musical, The Little Mermaid. She’s been at practice every school night from 5-9 the past two weeks. In my head it was another practice night and the first performance is tomorrow…I apologize and we’ll catch up next week.

1 Like

@AnnaC @johnowen @sasha-lathrop @matt-oliver @markevans @zrtemp @katie-13

Ugh! I’m sorry everyone. I totally spaced tonight is my Daughter’s performance in the musical, The Little Mermaid . She’s been at practice every school night from 5-9 the past two weeks. In my head it was another practice night and the first performance is tomorrow…I apologize and we’ll catch up next week.

1 Like

Enjoy the performance! I’m sure your daughter will be wonderful! :star:

1 Like

Hi can you tell me how to find this weekly session easily? I stumbled on this page. Is there an easier way to find how to join the group. I’m a little more confident now andcwant to join.
Sue

Hello Sue!
Court @delawarejones is the soothing Captain’s voice and the last posted details are above here.

1 Like

Noswaith da, Susan

Here are the meeting details

THIS IS A WEEKLY MEETING EACH THURSDAY AT 7PM EST . All are welcome to join .

Conference Information below: You can either call-in via the call-in number or video-conference.

Dial-in number (US): (605) 475-4896

Access code: 267527#

Online meeting ID: delawarejones

Join the online meeting: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/delawarejones

@Sean-O Thanks for posting the link…brilliant stuff!

2 Likes

No problem… I couldn’t make it either. Hope you enjoyed the Show!!!

1 Like

@AnnaC @johnowen @sasha-lathrop @matt-oliver @markevans @zrtemp @katie-13 @SusanDavies

Good evening, Everyone:

This week’s topic I will give you a choice.

1. Use last week’s topic of a holiday story in honor of Gwyl Sant Dewi
  2. Tell the events around the last time you laughed out loud with uproarious laughter.

If you need vocabulary words here are adjectives, verbs, and nouns.

Excited to speak with all of you!

1 Like

@jennifer-thomas-mend @violetsnow @Allison @laurawydapszeniczny @sarah-17 @Bobi @matt-oliver @KellyMoore @rdavidclark

Good evening, Everyone:

This week’s topic I will give you a choice.

1. Use last week’s topic of a holiday story in honor of Gwyl Sant Dewi
  2. Tell the events around the last time you laughed out loud with uproarious laughter.

If you need vocabulary words here are adjectives, verbs, and nouns.

1 Like

Thank you

I’ve got company staying tonight, so I won’t be able to join in. Have fun!

1 Like

I don’t feel I have enough Welsh to say much about either topic so I may join and just listen. Apologies. I may come up with a sentence or two.

1 Like

No worries, Susan. I’m a huge supporter of saying as much Welsh as you can and do the rest in English. For example, if the sentence is, “I want to know what happened” and all I can say is, “Dw i eisiau/moyn gwybod what happened,” then I’ve said three Welsh words in a sentence. Truthfully, we speak a lot of English.

Even if you just join, listen and say “Hello/goodbye”, then that’s a great start! Sometimes just making a small change can lead to huge growth, at least from my experience.

3 Likes

Ok Diolch

Diolch am siarad Cymraeg gyda fy heno. Nes i fwynhau ac byddaf yn eich eto wythnos nesaf … Sue

4 Likes

Really good to see everyone last night!! Looking forward to next Thursday.

3 Likes

Dw i’n hapus iawn bo ti’n dod neithwr! My Welsh isn’t good enough for this next sentence, but you know more Welsh than your confidence will let you share! From my own experience this is a common occurrence. I want to feel confident in my abilities to speak Welsh with others. I don’t want to embarrass myself. You know what I also discovered. Making mistakes is fun and funny!

Last year Iestyn held his 24 hour Shmaeathon and I wanted to participate. I called in to join a group of 7 or people. It had been pouring rain for several continuous days in Wales and I wanted to ask if it was still raining. Ofcourse, I nervous. I’m speaking with the Great Iestyn. My mind decided this was the appropriate time to shut down specific neurons that allow for coherent speech and ‘bwrw’ and ‘cwrw’ sound very much alike in my brain. So I asked "Ydy hi’n bwrw cwrw yng Yngymru?" :rofl: Everyone had a great laugh, and wished it was was raining beer.

The whole point is to enjoy the learning process. Know mistakes are going to happen and the best way to gain confidence is to simply speak Cymraeg as often as you can. Everyone I’ve met in my Welsh journey so far has been amazingly supportive, and that includes Thursday’s meet ups. We’re a great bunch of people who want to speak Welsh and have fun.

4 Likes

We had a another fun meet up last night, and I’ve got a story to tell what happened to me after the meeting. We had 4 speakers, and Kelly who has been way too busy this past week volunteered to go first and did an impromptu story. Very brave! David learned some hospitals don’t have ER’s that are open 24/7 in Nashville…that’s the correct town, I think…early on Thanksgiving morning. We welcomed Susan to her first meet up, and she did excellent telling how she hosted a large St. David’s Day get together.

So, now for my story. A little background first. Both my Wife and I are battling a nasty virus. I mostly over mine, but her’s has moved from upper respirtory to her throat and head. Consequently, sometimes the best she can manage is a loud whisper. This is important to remember. Next our Daughter, unbeknownst to my and my Wife, had, after school, with Grammy, consumed a donut, an ice-cream cone and a slice of pizza. An hour before our meet up, she was complaining of stomach cramps, nausea and generally not feeling well. We thought she might be catching “The Crud” going around at school. So when I left them, they were on the sofa and our Daughter was asleep.

Sometime, early on in the meeting, our Daughter awoke with a severe need to vomit but couldn’t get to the bathroom and managed to lean over the sofa and PUKE-A-THON of all the above items plus stomach fluids onto our hardwood floor. At this point, my Wife begins screaming in a loud-whisper my name. Of course I don’t hear it. I’ve got a great group of Welsh speakers coming through my ear bud. After the meeting, my Wife is in the shower and I go to see her and ask “How are you doing?” :smiley: Wrong question to ask :rofl: Her look says you [explitive redacted] and says “Seriously?” And she tells me the story. I go to the living room, the mess is cleaned up and our Daughter is speaking to her friend over the phone and sounds completely normal. Had my Wife not told me, I would have not had a single notion anything amiss had happened.

Maybe I should have saved that story for next week’s meeting???

1 Like

@AnnaC @johnowen @sasha-lathrop @matt-oliver @markevans @zrtemp @katie-13 @SusanDavies

We had a another fun meet up last night, and I’ve got a story to tell what happened to me after the meeting. We had 4 speakers, and Kelly who has been way too busy this past week volunteered to go first and did an impromptu story. Very brave! David learned some hospitals don’t have ER’s that are open 24/7 in Nashville…that’s the correct town, I think…early on Thanksgiving morning. We welcomed Susan to her first meet up, and she did excellent telling how she hosted a large St. David’s Day get together.

So, now for my story. A little background first. Both my Wife and I are battling a nasty virus. I mostly over mine, but her’s has moved from upper respirtory to her throat and head. Consequently, sometimes the best she can manage is a loud whisper. This is important to remember. Next our Daughter, unbeknownst to my and my Wife, had, after school, with Grammy, consumed a donut, an ice-cream cone and a slice of pizza. An hour before our meet up, she was complaining of stomach cramps, nausea and generally not feeling well. We thought she might be catching “The Crud” going around at school. So when I left them, they were on the sofa and our Daughter was asleep.

Sometime, early on in the meeting, our Daughter awoke with a severe need to vomit but couldn’t get to the bathroom and managed to lean over the sofa and PUKE-A-THON of all the above items plus stomach fluids onto our hardwood floor. At this point, my Wife begins screaming in a loud-whisper my name. Of course I don’t hear it. I’ve got a great group of Welsh speakers coming through my ear bud. After the meeting, my Wife is in the shower and I go to see her and ask “How are you doing?” :smiley: Wrong question to ask :rofl: Her look says you [explitive redacted] and says “Seriously?” And she tells me the story. I go to the living room, the mess is cleaned up and our Daughter is speaking to her friend over the phone and sounds completely normal. Had my Wife not told me, I would have not had a single notion anything amiss had happened.

Maybe I should have saved that story for next week’s meeting???