East Coast Time Zone Meetup Beginning

That’s really interesting, Sean-O. Diolch am rannu! Now all I need is to find a way to get that imported into Delaware in the USA, and I’m set. Would love to have ‘Rain Beer.’ :rofl:

1 Like

@AnnaC @johnowen @sasha-lathrop @matt-oliver @markevans @zrtemp @katie-13 @SusanDavies

We had a small group this evening, but we discovered about Welsh shows Hedd Wyn and Cefn Gwlad and Bang! and why we should all watch them.

• Hedd Wyn - movie about a man who writes poetry about his three loves while fighting during WWI.
  • Cefn Gwlad - Longtime, 35 years, show about life in the country and the jobs people do.
  • Bang! Murder mystery set in Port Talbot

As this was a small group, we opened the discussion to anything and everything and Kelley admitted her Birthday is this weekend, so everyone wish her a happy Birthday (penblwydd hapus) this weekend!

We also learned about favorite bands and songs - Diolch am rannu, pawb (Thank you for sharing, Everyone.)
Old school punk band, new to me - Television. Not sure if this is their best song…just grabbed it off of you tube

Sebona Fi - YWS Gwynedd

Pla - Alffa

2 Likes

@jennifer-thomas-mend @violetsnow @Allison @laurawydapszeniczny @sarah-17 @Bobi @matt-oliver @KellyMoore @rdavidclark

We had a small group this evening, but we discovered about Welsh shows Hedd Wyn and Cefn Gwlad and Bang! and why we should all watch them.

• Hedd Wyn - movie about a man who writes poetry about his three loves while fighting during WWI.
  • Cefn Gwlad - Longtime, 35 years, show about life in the country and the jobs people do.
  • Bang! Murder mystery set in Port Talbot

As this was a small group, we opened the discussion to anything and everything and Kelley admitted her Birthday is this weekend, so everyone wish her a happy Birthday (penblwydd hapus) this weekend!

We also learned about favorite bands and songs - Diolch am rannu, pawb (Thank you for sharing, Everyone.)

Old school punk band, new to me - Television. Not sure if this is their best song…just grabbed it off of you tube

Sebona Fi - YWS Gwynedd

Pla - Alffa

I used the phone number and the PIN number but had no reply on the call so assumed no one was on the call
Darn… I don’t kniw what happened?!!
Sue

1 Like

I’m sorry Susan. Your name didn’t show up as joining at all. If that happens, hang up and try again. If that doesn’t work, text me - 302.228.9541 and I’ll see what I can do to get you connected to the meeting. Worst case is I can conference you in over my phone.

If a meet up is cancelled, I’ll post it here with everyone’s name.

So the number and pin is always the same right? I called in twice… both before 6:20. Thx for cell # for texting

1 Like

Sorry, for the delay in replying. Time is 7pm EST, so if you called at 6:20PM, you were too early. I try to get to begin hosting just before 7PM, but sometimes I’m a minute or two late. If you experience issues, please text me and we’ll get it resolved.

@AnnaC @johnowen @sasha-lathrop @matt-oliver @markevans @zrtemp @katie-13 @SusanDavies

Prynhawn da, Pawb (Good afternoon, Everyone)

This week’s topic is practicing using future tense, “Where will you be in 5 years? What will be different?” If everything in your life if perfect, God bless you! We should all be that way. If you’ve got it all worked out already, share your secrets.

Here’s a great cheat sheet, I refer to when I remember, showing how several of the different Welsh tenses. https://cymorthcymraeg.wordpress.com/y-daflen-dwyllocheat-sheet/

1 Like

@jennifer-thomas-mend @violetsnow @Allison @laurawydapszeniczny @sarah-17 @Bobi @matt-oliver @KellyMoore @rdavidclark

Prynhawn da, Pawb (Good afternoon, Everyone)

This week’s topic is practicing using future tense, “Where will you be in 5 years? What will be different?” If everything in your life if perfect, God bless you! We should all be that way. If you’ve got it all worked out already, share your secrets.

Here’s a great cheat sheet, I refer to when I remember, showing how several of the different Welsh tenses. https://cymorthcymraeg.wordpress.com/y-daflen-dwyllocheat-sheet/

1 Like

Darn you are right, I had the wrong time… jeeeeeez

1 Like

Buddy - there’s a cwtch right there

1 Like

If we’re ever on the same continent and in the general area, I’m buying first round of beers! :beers:

1 Like

Helo, Pawb:

For a lot of us, it’s beginning to warm and outdoors is more enjoyable. For others, it’s beginning to get too hot on some days, but it’s always a good day to siarad Cymraeg. This week, what is a fun outdoor activity you can do in your area.

Also, I will be on vacation next week and will miss two meetings, April 18 and 25. Is there anyone who wants to host? If so, let me know, we can schedule a time to meet to review how the program works. It’s really easy.

Helo, Pawb:

For a lot of us, it’s beginning to warm and outdoors is more enjoyable. For others, it’s beginning to get too hot on some days, but it’s always a good day to siarad Cymraeg. This week, what is a fun outdoor activity you can do in your area.

Also, I will be on vacation next week and will miss two meetings, April 18 and 25. Is there anyone who wants to host? If so, let me know, we can schedule a time to meet to review how the program works. It’s really easy.

1 Like

Diolch C
I plan to be there!
Sue

1 Like

I have a LOT going on until the end of June, and Thursday nights aren’t the best for me, so I’m going to be very sporadic for a while. I’ll join in if I can, but it’ll be a last minute decision on the infrequent nights that I am available. I look forward to having a lot more time for Welsh this summer!

1 Like

It will be good to see you, again!

@AnnaC I figured you’ve been very busy. Thank you for the update and hope to see you soon!

1 Like

We had another fun evening of Welsh, and it ended up being a guy’s night. We talked about interesting things we outside for fun. I think I want to move to Mark’s area. If you live there, you take trips to Wales in the summer. :laughing: Not a bad outdoor activity, in you live in the US, eh? When we have the smaller groups, there are more opportunities to have back and forth discussion and our Welsh skills are allowing for some of that, supplemented with English. It was a fun hour!

2 Likes

We had another fun evening of Welsh, and it ended up being a guy’s night. We talked about interesting things we outside for fun. I think I want to move to Mark’s area. If you live there, you take trips to Wales in the summer. :laughing: Not a bad outdoor activity, in you live in the US, eh? When we have the smaller groups, there are more opportunities to have back and forth discussion and our Welsh skills are allowing for some of that, supplemented with English. It was a fun hour!

1 Like

Roedd e’n amser da ( It was a good time!)
Good discussion about what we like to do outside and a side discussion on music and Welsh groups.
We will miss our group while you are on holiday.
We all must keep speaking and listening to Welsh during these weeks.
Safe journeys.
David.

1 Like