East Coast Time Zone Meetup Beginning

My busy concert season is just about over (except for another rehearsal next Thursday evening…)! I’m looking forward to joining the group again. I hope there will be another meeting soon. I’ve missed everyone!

was the meeting canceled today, i didnt get an email

@jennifer-thomas-mend @violetsnow @Allison @laurawydapszeniczny @sarah-17 @Bobi @matt-oliver @KellyMoore @rdavidclark

Mae’n ddrwg gen i, pawb. On i’n brysur iawn wythnos diweddaf evo fy teulu a gwaith. Does gen i amser i bostio unrhwybeth. I’m sorry everyone. I was very busy last week with my Family and work. I didn’t have time to post anything. I missed speaking Welsh with you all last week.

If anyone has time this Thursday, this week’s topic is, "What have you been doing for the past three weeks? For me, I’ll be speaking about Arizona and below are three pictures of the thousand’s I captured.

1 Like

@AnnaC @johnowen @sasha-lathrop @matt-oliver @markevans @zrtemp @katie-13 @SusanDavies

Mae’n ddrwg gen i, pawb. On i’n brysur iawn wythnos diweddaf evo fy teulu a gwaith. Does gen i amser i bostio unrhwybeth. I’m sorry everyone. I was very busy last week with my Family and work. I didn’t have time to post anything. I missed speaking Welsh with you all last week.

If anyone has time this Thursday, this week’s topic is, "What have you been doing for the past three weeks? For me, I’ll be speaking about Arizona and below are three pictures of the thousand’s I captured.

Wow, gorgeous photos!!!

I can’t be there Thursday, too much going on just now. I miss my Welsh time!

1 Like

@AnnaC @johnowen @sasha-lathrop @matt-oliver @markevans @zrtemp @katie-13 @SusanDavies

Oedd yn grét i siarad efo y grwp, eto! It was great to speak with the group, again! We heard about Arizona, the hiking, a cool place to visit, Slide Rock Park, and touring the Navajo Indian Reservation, how annoying it is to want a cup of tea in a hotel room but the coffee maker is too dirty, and lastly, exciting plans to visit Wales this June.

Also, here are two links to interesting Welsh shows currently available on S4C International
Galw Nain Nain Nain - Reality dating show that occurs over a three course dinner and each course the person meets a new date. What is different is the Grandmother sits outside watching the dates and gets to interact with her Grandson or Granddaughter, and ultimately picks which of the three her grandchild has a second date with. It’s cute and entertaining.
Anorac - Huw Stephens spends 4 days touring Wales interviewing past and current Welsh music bands, including Datblydgu, Meic Stevens, Kizzy Crawford, Gwenno and many others!

2 Likes

Oh, the photos are so beautiful! I am sorry I missed it this week. I would really like to give it another try and come listen next week, and then see how it goes. Thank you @delawarejones for continuing to tag me! :smile:

1 Like

@jennifer-thomas-mend @violetsnow @Allison @laurawydapszeniczny @sarah-17 @Bobi @matt-oliver @KellyMoore @rdavidclark

Oedd yn grét i siarad efo y grwp, eto! It was great to speak with the group, again! We heard about Arizona, the hiking, a cool place to visit, Slide Rock Park, and touring the Navajo Indian Reservation, how annoying it is to want a cup of tea in a hotel room but the coffee maker is too dirty, and lastly, exciting plans to visit Wales this June.

Also, here are two links to interesting Welsh shows currently available on S4C International
Galw Nain Nain Nain - Reality dating show that occurs over a three course dinner and each course the person meets a new date. What is different is the Grandmother sits outside watching the dates and gets to interact with her Grandson or Granddaughter, and ultimately picks which of the three her grandchild has a second date with. It’s cute and entertaining.
Anorac - Huw Stephens spends 4 days touring Wales interviewing past and current Welsh music bands, including Datblydgu, Meic Stevens, Kizzy Crawford, Gwenno and many others!

2 Likes

Croeso, Sasha-Lathrop. You are welcome to join anytime!

2 Likes

Yeah that hotel coffee maker was yn fudr (dirty). It couldn’t make hot water for a nice paned o de. (Cup of tea).
Anyways it was really great catching up and speaking Welsh with the guys last night. Hopefully some of the ladies will be able to rejoin soon.

1 Like

Noswaith da, Pawb!

This week’s topic of discussion is to speak about your favorite movie and why. This is NOT limited to Welsh…any movie you like.

Wela i chi i gyd ar dydd Iau hyn - See you all this Thursday

Noswaith da, Pawb!

This week’s topic of discussion is to speak about your favorite movie and why. This is NOT limited to Welsh…any movie you like.

Wela i chi i gyd ar dydd Iau hyn - See you all this Thursday

2 Likes

Amser neis heno. (Nice time tonight). Thanks for joining, @sasha-lathrop.
@delawarejones, we talked about this tonight. I could not find nor remember at the time about the “I would” patterns. Here is what I have. If anyone needs to correct, feel free.

I would – Byddwn i

You would – Byddet ti, Byddech chi

He would – Byddai fe

She would – Byddai hi

We would – Bydden ni

They would – Bydden nhw

3 Likes

Diolch yn fawr iawn! Thanks for making me feel so welcome! Ges i amser da siarad Cymraeg gyda ti heddiw!

1 Like

Diolch, David a Sasha.

Oedd o’n cyfarfod da iawn arall. It was another good meeting. Sasha joined for the first time and really worked with her telling of her favorite movie. We listened to our favorite movies, Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Baraka and About Time. Baraka and About Time were new to the group. A lot of new words were learned, but unfortunately, I forgot to copy them off the chat before ending the session…oops. David or Sasha, if you can remember, please share.

2 Likes

Diolch, David a Sasha.

Oedd o’n cyfarfod da iawn arall. It was another good meeting. Sasha joined for the first time and really worked with her telling of her favorite movie. We listened to our favorite movies, Lord of the Rings Trilogy , Baraka and About Time . Baraka and About Time were new to the group. A lot of new words were learned, but unfortunately, I forgot to copy them off the chat before ending the session…oops. David or Sasha, if you can remember, please share.

2 Likes

diolch am rannu y imperfect tense. I think that’s what it’s called. :smile:

1 Like

@Sean-O

Bore da, Sean-O! I don’t know what your morning’s are like, but if you’re free, you should join the group! There is a toll-free Australia number for the video conference service I use…just a thought! It’d be great to expand the group outside the US.

2 Likes

Thanks again @delawarejones and @rdavidclark for making me feel so welcome at the meetup last night! It was a great experience. Here are the new words for the group that I wrote down, including some of the ones I had to look up beforehand but never ended up in the chat box.

geirariau newydd - new words
benegedig - beyond amazing
golygus - handsome (we do have handsome pets, don’t we? :wink: )
byddai i’n - I will
perffaith - perfect
datrys - solve
bywyd dynol - human life
ysbrydolrwydd - spirituality

(Let me know if I need to make any edits, please!)

3 Likes

Good list :). The only other one I had was:

Diymdrech - effortless

1 Like