East Coast Time Zone Meetup Beginning

So excited! Although I have been a slacker (diog iawn!) with my Welsh practice the last two weeks. It might be a short childhood memory.
I hope everyone had a good break! See and speak to you all on Thursday!

1 Like

You might recommend say something in spanish to your daughter… it’s such a fun way to learn…

2 Likes

I had a great Thanksgiving, with lots of cooking and relatives visiting. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to make it tomorrow, but I’ll be back the week after.

1 Like

Great suggestion, Bobi and she downloaded it during the summer but has not used it. I think she would, if I did it with her, but learning one language at a time is my limit.

@KellyMoore - See you tomorrow.
@Allison - Glad you had a great Thanksgiving, and we’ll see you next week.

I’m so sorry, I won’t be able to join tonight. I have an extra rehearsal I didn’t realize was a conflict until tonight. Have a great time, everyone!

1 Like

Sorry it didn’t work out for me tonight. My husband had an online meeting and our computers are in the same room. I couldn’t be chatting in Welsh at the same time! :blush:

1 Like

@jennifer-thomas-mend @SusanDavies @KellyMoore @AnnaC @violetsnow @johnowen @Allison @Abbey @laurawydapszeniczny @sarah-17

You all were missed last night. It was Kelly and myself and we had a fun conversational night in as much Welsh as we could produce. It’s surprising how much Welsh you actually know, when you sit down and try to use it conversationally.

We spoke about what we did over the weekend, upcoming plans and our favorite Welsh bands and songs. Only problematic time occurred when I was trying to explain a variation of hide and seek my Daughter and created, called Hide & Seek Tag. Too many unknown words and phrases, but the hour flew by as usual.

2 Likes

@Bobi Adding you in here as well. Don’t want you to be forgotten, but there is a 10 person limit per post and you’re #11. Post reproduced for you.

You all were missed last night. It was Kelly and myself and we had a fun conversational night in as much Welsh as we could produce. It’s surprising how much Welsh you actually know, when you sit down and try to use it conversationally.

We spoke about what we did over the weekend, upcoming plans and our favorite Welsh bands and songs. Only problematic time occurred when I was trying to explain a variation of hide and seek my Daughter and created, called Hide & Seek Tag. Too many unknown words and phrases, but the hour flew by as usual.

2 Likes

I really want to get into the habit and join you
Just back from SF with husband’s family fur thanksgiving
Our Welsh Society Xmas lunch tomorrow, plygain will be sung, very exciting and many new members, one from Bethesda and a fluent speaker - woo hoo

2 Likes

It was a great night! And, while I enjoyed our conversation @delawarejones I did miss everyone else! By the way, thank you for the music recommendations! I have been happily listening to Adwaith and Kizzy Crawford. I also introduced those bands to my husband who thoroughly enjoys listening to Swnami, YWS Gwynedd and Brigyn as well.

Wish I could be there next week, but hopefully the week after!

Mwynhewch eich penwythnosau pawb! Enjoy your weekends everyone!

2 Likes

Wow! What an exciting week you’re having Susan! You are always welcome to join any Thursday.

@KellyMoore I’ve been listening to 9bach and Brigyn this afternoon at work. They both have a great sound. Thank you for sharing.

@jennifer-thomas-mend @SusanDavies @KellyMoore @AnnaC @violetsnow @johnowen @Allison @Abbey @laurawydapszeniczny @sarah-17

For this Thursday’s meeting, I’ll keep the topic the same as last week - To share a fun childhood memory. See you all this Thursday.

2 Likes

Planning on being there this week - fingers crossed nothing comes up to prevent me!

1 Like

I ended up having other plans tonight… I will catch you guys next week!

You will be missed tonight, Bobi. See you next week.

1 Like

Oof, I can’t join again. I’m afraid this is just a super busy time for musicians. I thought I might be able to squeeze in an hour between a rehearsal and a performance, but that’s the only time I can meet with someone whose flute jury is tomorrow morning. I don’t think she’d quite understand if I told her I was going to go speak Welsh for an hour instead! Have a good time–I’m sorry to miss it! I hope to be able to come back on the 20th.

Just @delawarejones and I tonight - we had a great chat! Here’s the link to the Welsh clock I was telling you about. D’on i ddim yn anghofio! :grin:

1 Like

I just saw this, I will join next week

Matt

1 Like

I am in Florida, but originally from Mold, North Wales. I will join next week.

Diolch, AnnaC. Wnesti cofio! Thank you. You did remember.

@matt-oliver You are very welcome to join. Interesting that you live in Florida. There are 3 other weekly Siradwr who live in Florida, too.

This week it was AnnaC and myself and we had several fun conversations in Cymraeg. It’s great to see our understanding of Cymraeg growing. The rest of you were missed, but it is getting closer to Nadolig. A lot of very busy people.

1 Like