Edinburgh Meet Up - anyone Interested?

Hello,

I’m new to SSiW and I would love to meet other learners in the area to practise speaking.
Is anyone interested in meeting in Edinburgh for a cuppa and a practise?
I’m in Penicuik, South of Edinburgh but can travel to Edinburgh or somewhere else in the central belt if more suitable.

Thanks in advance.
Emily

1 Like

Welcome Emily :slight_smile:

Although it’s a pre-covid thread, some of the people here might be interested

2 Likes

Yes please! I live near Livingston, and I am in Edinburgh regularly.

2 Likes

Thank you, I’ve posted on that thread now too :smiley:

1 Like

Brill! I will wait to see if anymore people are interested and then we can decide on dates.

I spend about ½ my time in Edinburgh and would be keen to meet up!

1 Like

@ian-james @pollypolly Brill! What days and times work best for you? Afternoons are best for me but I’m flexible on which day of the week/weekend.

In Nairn, a bit too far :frowning:

I’ve not got a regular schedule but am around on Tuesday and Wednesday (30th 31st) next week but then not for a few weeks. Any time would be ok for me . I live in the Stockbridge area so anywhere in the city would be fine.

No time like the present, or close enough, so let’s pick Tuesday afternoon, say 2pm. Ian-james, you probably know Edinburgh best, so can you pick a venue for us?
Polly

Tuesday at 2pm is great.
Can it be a dog friendly place please as I’ll have a dog with me that day? That’s if you both don’t mind her coming along? I know most starbucks are dog friendly but I’m sure there will be lots of dog friendly places around.
Emily

I know nothing about dog friendly places, but how about the Starbucks at Holy Corner, the junction of Colinton Road and Merchiston Avenue? It should be less busy than the very center of town.

That works for me. Looking forward to it!

Hi Emily @emily-mccaw & Polly @pollypolly this is good for me as well. See you there! Ian.

I’m glad that suits you too Ian. So Emily will have a dog, I’ll have my knitting, we’ll find each other, and hopefully Ian and anyone else who may appear can find us from that.

1 Like

Hi Des
I’m based on the Black Isle and would love to meet up to practise speaking Welsh. Would you be interested in meeting up somewhere in the Inverness area? If I know there’s at least two of us I’ll open a new thread!
Tracy

1 Like

Ooooo, Emily! I’m in Bilston.

I’d love to meet up for a coffee and a chat. I’ve not long started challenge 2.
Sorry it’s taken so long to answer, but I don’t come in here very often.
Obviously I’d love to meet Polly and Ian too, and anyone else.
We can go for a dog walk somewhere.
I work all week, but weekends maybe?

Hi Gail. That’s great, I would love to meet to practise :smiley: I have a whatsapp with Polly and Ian. They were both going on holiday so we haven’t met a second time yet. I’m away next weekend but perhaps we can meet when I am back. Edinburgh likely so it’s more central for everyone but I’d be happy to meet closer just us as well as the Edinburgh meet ups too. I’m not on the forum often at all, I’ll private message you my number so we can arrange something :smiley: Emily x

Shwmae Pawb, Only just seen this, not on here often. I’m in Dunfermline and would really like to meet up with others on the journey. Unfortunately full time work in Fife means unable to do weekdays but would be keen if we could get a meet-up/chat on a weekend sometime. Thanks Nick

Hi, I’m on the Cowal Peninsula. It takes me a while, but I can get to Edinburgh occasionally, and would love to meet up at some time.

All the best,

Jill