Eisteddfod 2017 aug 4 -12

I’m going to try to be on the Maes on Monday 7th (probably on my own as it stands at the moment) so if anyone else is around I’ll be up for a chat.

2 Likes

We’ll be hiding from you. It’s so easy, with the beard.

1 Like

Then I’ll wait by your front door, you have to take the dog out at some point.

1 Like

Ideal - we’ll have left via the back door, so you should be there, keeping a useful eye on the dogs, all day. Diolch!

1 Like

Brilliant, I can feed them random young sheep off the common. :wink:

And hopefully have a conversation in Welsh with the angry farmer.

4 Likes

I haven’t decided whether I’ll pop over for a day yet, but in the meantime I’m happy to meet up in Caernarfon with anyone who fancies a pre- or post- eisteddfod visit panad and chat :slight_smile:

We have decided that we are going to be at the Eisteddfod on Monday. We are coming en masse with Jesse from LA. The kids and I will be staying on Monday night with my brother in Maec C and will probably be on the Maes on Tuesday as well. I am unsure if we will be there for another day or popping back the end of the week at all - we’ve kind of exhausted our frivolity budget for the summer as well as out free time budget, so Aran has heaps of work to catch up on and I have chapters to write… :wink:

But it will be wonderful, whilst we are there, to catch up with as many SSiWers as we can, so let us know of any definite meet ups/get togethers happening! Edrych ymlaen!!! :grinning:

4 Likes

Dwi’n mor hapus bod i’n gwrando i @iestyn ac @aran, i fynd i’r Eisteddfod. Dwi wedi profi fy hunan ac eraill bod i’n gallu siarad a ddeall Cymraeg, hyd yn oed Colin o’r Cymdeithas fy helpu i yn y fore.

I am so glad I listened to you both, @iestyn and @aran and went; I have proved to myself that i can do this, speak read understand… communicate yn Gymraeg.

Mae heddiw yw berdferth ac yn arbennig iawn; diolch yn fawr iawn i chi i gyd am fy helpu i ac cefnogaeth!

3 Likes

I’m currently building a dubious sort of tower out of straws in the science tent with 4 kids (building up credit for going off by myself later!) if anyone wants to say hello. I think we’ll be a while!

4 Likes

Having been scuppered in attempts to fly up by the fact I almost got lfited off the ground by the wind snatching at the aircraft as I loaded my rucksack, I have employed the better part of valour and resigned myself to the dubious delight of the Traws Cymru on Monday…

If anyone is returning south ish at the end of the week (or passing near anywhere that approximates public transport infrastructure) and can fit me and a rucksack I would be overcome with gratitude! :wink:

1 Like

Dammo! I was hoping to hitch a lift (assuming your aircraft can carry a generously proportioned passenger. :smile:)

To paraphrase the old adage “you can’t get there from Ystrad Meurig” :laughing: It takes 7 to 7.5 hours (+) each way by public transport and 3 hours each way by gas-guzzling car. :disappointed:

(+) My daughter’s wife has just flown from Chicago to London in that time!

Anyway, I’ve sent my spirit. If anyone senses it, please say “Sh’mae”. :smile:

1 Like

It’s raining old women and sticks on the Maes at the moment and my wellies have had their first Eisteddfod outing. I’m dry and warmish in Maes D and I’ll grab a cuppa and stay here for a while, if anyone’s about.

2 Likes

As long as you’re there till tomorrow. :smile:

I’m here today too . Am currently drying off in the theatr watching the choirs. Would be happy to meet up with anyone later on :slight_smile:

I’m badge making with little one in Lle Hanes now, @Sam84.

1 Like

I will give you a message when we’re out of the theatre if u like @netmouse to see if you’re still about. I think there are 2 choirs left to perform :slight_smile: will be nice to have a chat :slight_smile:

1 Like

We’ll be heading back to Gwyddoniaeth afterwards. Kids see it as home now I think! @Sam84

1 Like

Dee, hope the tent is proving to be watertight! We are travelling up on Wednesday, which is also the day our next grandchild is due to be delivered! Spending, Thursday, Friday and Saturday on the Maes and then travelling home that night.

Hope to catch up with other SSiWers too!

I would seriously advise anyone going to the Eisteddfod tomorrow to wear wellies , or even better bring a canoe ! I hope that your tent is ok @netmouse :slight_smile:

3 Likes

IMPORTANT INFO IF ANYONE’S DRIVING TO THE EISTEDDFOD TOMORROW:

News just in via Golwg 360 - here’s the translation -

The National Eisteddfod has published urgent arrangements because of the heavy rain in the area.
The Eisteddfod will be using a bus system to transport visitors to the Maes tomorrow (Monday Aug 7).
Travellers from the main land will be directed to leave the A55 at junction 6 - and not junction 4 - to the Anglesey Show car park in Mona for a period.
This car park will be used to save the land in Bodedern until the weather improves at the end of the week.
There are signs in place to direct travellers to the temporary car park.

2 Likes