Eisteddfod 2017 aug 4 -12

Would be lovely to meet up. I’m coming on a ‘Welsh for adults’ learners trip. Leaving Welshpool at 7:30am!

I’m coming tomorrow too - also hoping to be there at a reasonable time, parking and shuttle buses permitting…

Will hope to see some of you there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good times here at the the Eisteddfod, despite the mud. Here is today’s ‘Criw SSIW’ enjoying a get together at Maes D

And guess who’s providing the musical accompaniment!

16 Likes

diolch! lovely picture. I know a lot of faces, but the only one i can name is @novem! Sorry! @maturestudent can you give a ‘key’? oh and should I know the singer?

Just to mention about my journey yesterday in case it will help anyone else. I left my house early and arrived in the car park by 08:15 and I was on the Maes by about 8:40 I think. Later on there were reports of people taking over an hour and a half to get from the car park to the Maes so I would recommend getting to the car park early. Before 9 if you can. Good luck.

1 Like

It was lovely to meet lots of SSiWers, and see some familiar faces too! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It was certainly very bad yesterday - we waited at least an hour and a half for the shuttle bus, but they seem to have sorted out the problems today - we got to the car park at the Maes Awyr about 10 and straight onto the shuttle bus with buses to spare.

4 Likes

The ‘key’ to the photo is (l to r) : Alan (@maturestudent), me (@netmouse), Karen, Milla (@Novem), Leia (@leiafee) , @Karla, @Deborah-SSi, and the final person (from Sussex) whose name I didn’t remember, sorry!

Tomorrow my family is planning on a Snowdon expedition. My husband’s getting eisteddfod cabin fever, with all these tempting mountains around - especially when they wouldn’t even let us get the car out of the car park for a couple of days.

I’m sorry to miss seeing people tomorrow but anyone around on Thurs, please feel free to send me a message.

6 Likes

See you tomorrow! :slight_smile:

Fair point John, I’m glad they seem to have sorted it out.

Diolch yn fawr! I have seen most before and it is very embarrassing that I am terrible at remembering faces! It was awful at work and at Meetings if I was on the registration desk! “How long have you known me and still don’t know my name?” The answer was that I knew the face and all the info about him or her was tagged to the name, so as soon as I knew that, I was fine! But, “It’s not that I don’t know you, it’s just that my brain refuses to log faces!” is a bit awkward to explain!

Yn Maes D rwan!

We’re in Maes D now!

1 Like

Anyone want a sundowner to finish the day, we’re in Bar Syched, near the theatre…

2 Likes

Mae Karla ac Ifan a fi yn y Tŷ Gwerin, drws nesaf - efallai welwn ni chi mewn spel…

1 Like

I wish…:wine_glass: :tropical_drink::wink:

i don’t think I’ve ever seen the Mari Lwyd on the Eisteddfod stage before and in, of all places, Ynys Mon! I thought it was only in De Cymru that it was ever seen!

Does anyone know if the park and ride scheme will still be in use tomorrow ? And also what was the ground like today? Are wellies still necessary ? :slight_smile:

I’d say no, not necessary - unless it rains tomorrow, the grounds are beginning to dry nicely. As to the parking arrangements, the website says that they will be the same as they have been through the week, i.e. Shuttle buses

1 Like

Thank you to everyone for a lovely day to day. Great to see @aran @CatrinLliarJones and @novem again. Lovely to meet Mike, Sarah Jane and @Karla. What was that radio programme you said I should listen too?

4 Likes

Thanks for your reply . Glad to hear that the ground is drying out nicely. The forecast is good for tomorrow before more rain on Friday so will definitely be going tomorrow.

1 Like