Eisteddfod Genedlaethol Tregaron 2022

This year’s finalists in the Dysgwr y Flwyddyn competition have been announced!

Huge congratulations to Stephen Bale, Joe Healy, Ben Ó Ceallaigh and Sophie Tuckwood, our four finalists in this year’s Welsh Learner of the Year competition, Find out which one of the fantastic four will win the coveted prize in the ceremony on the Pavilion stage at 15:00 on Wednesday 3 August. The competition is organised in partnership with the National Centre for Learning Welsh.

After a two-year hiatus, this is the Dadeni, as the Eisteddfod arrives in Tregaron. Join us as the creative energy on the Maes explodes on Saturday night, 30 July, with a lantern parade leading visitors to a hidden location on the Maes to marvel at the spectacular Dadeni.
An aerial performance by circus performers with amazing fire effects - something to excite everyone, defying gravity and leaving us all hungry for more, and a huge party in the Pavilion to complete the celebrations. Lantern parade at 22:15, and the show at 22:40. Free entry with a Saturday Maes ticket. Watch our promo here and click here for more.

Maes tickets and Pavilion season tickets are now on sale on-line. And you can print your tickets at home or use your smartphone to enter the Maes as part of our sustainability strategy to achieve zero net emissions and zero waste by 2025.

Don’t miss out! Concert tickets are on sale and selling fast! So if you want to come and enjoy an evening in the Pavilion, get your tickets now! Click here for details of all our Pavilion evening events. Buy tickets here!

An addition to the ‘fringe’ Eisteddfod events that are happening away from the maes! There is an afternoon of music with the Welsh Triple Harp Society see details below. If you are unfamiliar with the triple harp please come. It sounds quite different from other types of harp and nearly died out until championed by Nansi Richards who won at the Eisteddfod in three successive years. Robin Huw Bowen is one of the leading players and all the young harpists with him are incredible.

Lively Concert

with the Triple Harp Ensemble of the Welsh Triple Harp Society

of our national music

with singing, penillion, dancing and clogging

Bwlchgwynt Chapel Hall, Tregaron

4.30pm, Tuesday August 2nd

tickets £5

Does anyone know for certain if the eisteddfod bus from Tregaron to Lampeter will makes stops on the way? Llangybi would be where I would get off (hopefully). I assume that, if buses are full, people would have to make their own way back…?

Mae cwmni Lewis Rhydlewis yn rhedeg y wasanaeth. Lewis Rhydlewis is running the service, you could ring them on Monday? It looks as though the tickets need to be prebooked anyway.
https://eisteddfod.ticketsolve.com/shows/873628658/events/128392835?_ga=2.90589074.908468719.1657973022-150332469.1647375957

Do you know if Harriet Earis is on the bill?

1 Like

no i don’t think so. It is Robin Huw Bowen and the young pupils that he teaches and has formed a group with. I don’t think that Harriet plays the triple harp.

Indeed she does - very well to my untrained ear. :grinning:
I went to a concert which she shared with an accomplished triple harpist - possibly Robin - and I’m almost ( with an emphasis on the almost) sure she also played the triple string. @HarrietEaris if you are still on the forum, can you confirm or deny? Huw

Does anyone know if there is specific motorbike parking available? I can’t see anything on the website.

After not hearing anything about volunteering I sent an email today. I’ve just had the following response:
Ymddiheuriadau am yr oedr.
Dwi’n gobeithio gallu danfon yr amserlen heddiw neu yfory.
So hopefully I and anyone else who’s offered to volunteer will hear very shortly @kaypitt40 Any body else waiting to hear? Would be great to hear of any other SSiW volunteers and maybe get the opportunity to meet up on the Maes

1 Like

Dw i’n aros am ymateb hefyd. I’m waiting for a response as well. It sometimes makes me wonder if I did really fill in the form all thise months ago!. Assuming I get a response I’ll be there.

Despite my message on slack I’ve now worked out how to share the map! Enjoy the Eisteddfod everyone and look forward to seeing familiar faces on the Maes!
https://eisteddfod.cymru/2022-map-maes

2 Likes

Link to information about the Cymdeithas yr Iaith gigs held during the Eisteddfod week in the Tregaron Rugby Club:

Welsh Gigs - DATES AND LOCATIONS! :guitar:

I just noticed that the Eisteddfod App collating all the data is now updated with the Tregaron Eisteddfod. Very useful to build a personalised time-table, and as far as I see it loads all necessary data on the first start-up, so you don’t have to rely on Wi-Fi/mobile data after that (except for things like ordering tickets from within the app)

Here is the link to the Google play store (but I think there’s an iOS version available as well):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.moilin.steddfod

It doesn’t seem to be updated with the events yet. Hopefully soon

Did you use the app back in 2019? If so, maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling it. The app that I downloaded definitely shows me the Tregaron time table. (Or I misunderstand what you mean by “events”)

1 Like

It’s ok now I had to delete and download twice before it updated its ok now and so I need to start planning!

1 Like

Interesting that Meinir Gwilym appears on the App but not on the Amserelen on the website. Not the only inconsistency but I can’t recollect them now, sorry. Perhaps the App is more up to date having been released later?!

I can’t see this one on the app, just the day time one! :upside_down_face:

https://fb.me/e/2L2F3uPJy

Creu dyfodol cyfansoddiadol Cymru:
Pa fath o Gymru hoffech chi fyw ynddi?

Pa fath o Gymru hoffech chi fyw ynddi? 13.00-15.00 Dydd Iau 4 Awst, stondyn Prifysgol Aberystwyth
prif faes, pabell Prifysgol Aberystwyth

Ymunwch â ni am brynhawn o dorri, gludo a sgwrsio! Mae’r sesiwn hon yn gyfle i ymateb yn greadigol a siarad yn anffurfiol am sut y caiff Cymru ei rhedeg nawr ac yn y dyfodol, a’r math o Gymru yr hoffech fyw ynddi

Learners most welcome! I’m a learner myself and will be there the whole time <3