Eisteddfod

Can anyone help? I was one of the flower girls in eisteddfod in 70’s in Carmarthen. I want to go to eisteddfod this year to see the flower girls but can’t remember when they will be on and can’t seem able to find any info.

2 Likes

The flower girls normally perform at the Gorsedd ceremonies in the pavilion - i.e.
16:30 Monday: The Crowning
16:30 Wednesday: The Prose Medal
16:30 Friday: The Chairing

1 Like

Thanks, that’s really helpful

1 Like

Ah - since someone has brought this up… Can anyone help me with a cwestiwn twp iawn? Is it always the same dance that they do, or is the dance recreated anew each year (keeping the general elements - girls, flowers - the same)? And is it then the same squad & dance for each of those three occasions? Been wondering about this, funnily enough.

And if anyone can point out any information online about the flower dance beyond the really basic info on Wikipedia etc. I’ll be very grateful!

Hi,

I’m pretty sure it’s the same dance, I definitely remember the music and the steps look just like I remember doing too! But I’d be interested to know more too.

Hi Siaron, I’m just about to go online and book my tickets, is there any way of checking or is it always Monday, Wednesday & Friday? Thanks, Mandy

Yes, the Gorsedd ceremonies are always on the same days.
There are timetables for the whole week here: https://eisteddfod.wales/events/day/2019-08-05

Diolch

1 Like

For more Eisteddfod chat, news about meet-ups and info, see this thread - :slight_smile: