Elis James - Welsh Language Comedy Tour

Popular Welsh comedian Elis James is going out on a tour of Wales with his newest Welsh Language show.

I saw an early version of the same show at Machynlleth Comedy Festival in April this year and it was very, very funny.

Get tickets fast!!! The Llanelli show sold out on the same day they went on sale!

http://www.elisjames.co/

"

Friday 8th of September – Canolfan Gartholwg

Saturday 9th of September – Theatre Felinfach

Wednesday 13th of September – Y Ffwrnes, Llanelli

Thursday 14th of September – The London Welsh Centre

Wednesday 20th of September – Aberystwyth Arts Centre

Friday 22nd of September – Neuadd Dwyfor, Pwllheli | or email here

Saturday 23rd of September – Pontio, Bangor

Monday 25th of September – The Parrot, Carmarthen
Tuesday 26th of September – The Parrot, Carmarthen

Thursday 28th of September – Abergavenny, The King’s Arms

Friday 29th of September – Swansea Ty Tawe (with Steffan Alun)

The final show in Cardiff (recorded for S4C) – 30th of September, Richard Burton Theatre, Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama"

4 Likes

Tickets still available this show in Y Fenni / Abergavenny!

2 Likes

A quick reminder that there are still tickets left for the Abergavenny show on Thursday, 28th September!

1 Like

Just as a final quick reminder. Saw this show in Aberystwyth!

Very very funny! Was happy with how much had changed in the show since Machynlleth in April (at least maybe 75% of it was totally brand new and had happened in his life since then!).

Very very funny. I won’t post spoilers but I will say that his Dad has an issue with thermostats…:D:D

2 Likes

How much of it is in Welsh? I’ve heard one criticism of a lot of modern Welsh comedy, that it’s full of English. This wouldn’t bother me to be honest, since I need all the help I can get, but I can see it upsetting people of a more purist point of view.

I’d say about 95% to be honest.

The only bits he really does in English are the bits where he retells a story of where someone said something to him in English or something like that… Incidental English rather than big chunks of it

3 Likes