Feedback request: Fancy some fun at the same time as spreading the word?

Question about the “competition” without clogging up that thread. As I understand this our new members would get the 6min course for £10 a month and get the 6mws course thrown in for free. What advantage would it be to have access to both courses? I might be missing something but I can’t see why anyone would want or need both.

1 Like

Nobody needs to do both courses - they’re largely just different time schedules - but for people who’d like the 6 month course but don’t want to fork out £240, it’s a winner - and then it’s up to us to give them enough value for their tenner a month to keep them subscribing after they’ve done the 6 months (also, experience shows that some of them will start off on the 6 month and then ask to be switched to the slower track). :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Gotcha … that makes sense.’

1 Like

I’m happy to see it seems to be working very well! :boom::+1:

However in Italy, I’m currently in the phase where I’m explaining that:

1. a Welsh language exists
  2. it is not gaelic
    Maybe by next year. :sweat_smile:

In any case not so many people would be able to learn a language through English.

So when the Italian course is ready, couldn’t you reverse it and use it to create a SSiW English course for Italians?
I’m sure there would be interest for that!

6 Likes

We’ll get there eventually… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great practice for when you are la maestra di Italiano scuola per Cymraeg/Inglesi :rofl:

3 Likes

Pssst…we’re in the news again :star_struck:

2 Likes

Sadly without a namecheck, though :frowning: Lots of other resources were named but SSiW was not even mentioned in the para about Jeremy Vine’s lesson.

1 Like

Namecheck is there, but unfortunately only by the Twitter handle “DailyWelshWords”.

2 Likes

In the paragraph above it was “DailyWelshWords” which is SSiW :+1:

If you read her twitter feed you will find myself and at least 5 others giving us a plug (which I just did again after @aran replied to Jeremy himself).

1 Like

Thanks - I’ve heard of Twitter but never been tempted to tweet. :smile:

1 Like

Nia tweets… ! :wink:

2 Likes

Hah. I opened an account Aug 2016…first Tweet 18/02/18 and it was a SSiW retweet…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Oh well - in THAT case … :laughing:

1 Like

Marketing wise, wouldn’t it be sensible to have a SSiW twitter handle too? Then the itv news item would more clearly have shown the link between the recommendations received and the (brilliant) Jeremy Vine experience on St David’s Day.

2 Likes

Yes, I think ideally, with hindsight… but I think that ‘saysomethinginwelsh’ was just too long, back when I set up the account… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aha. Fair enough. Thanks for replying.

Any plans for setting up a franchise to offer your course in Chinese? Yes, I am serious!

1 Like

We’ve been working on an algorithm for a long old time, which can mostly cope with Indo-European stuff now - we haven’t tested it on anything further afield, although the model should hold true - we’re talking to publishers at the moment, and trying to get the joys of VAT and a reliable model for growth sorted out this year - so pretty short on bandwidth at the moment, but definitely looking to move in that sort of direction when we can… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Help please! What’s happened to the Twitter DailyWelsh Words? I was enjoying those, but I can’t find them since May started?

At the moment Iestyn is running a Bootcamp (and it’s been a pretty hectic couple of months in general) - but DWW is sure to start up again when Iestyn’s a bit less snowed under… :slight_smile:

3 Likes