Feeling amused and bewildered (in a good way)!

Absolutely it would @johnwilliams_6 :smiley: although I actually live out of Oxford - to the wild North!
But perhaps one day, if you wanted to organise one of the walks in the Kirtlington area? We have a quarry… and the odd dinosaur here and there - how’s your Jurassic Welsh? Personally I can only offer broken modern contributions but it would be lovely to join in!

2 Likes

That sounds like someone ready to gallop forwards - nothing more important than hunting down the pain… :star: :star2:

Well done - huge congratulations! And the good news is, we’ve got 4 more Level 3 lessons in post-production at the moment, and we’ll be building more very regularly from now on… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s me @aran - gallopy, gallopy…ouchy, ouchy! Actually, I worked as a polo groom for years, so that train of thought is not as foreign to me as all that… :racehorse:
Good news about more challenges! You lot are brilliant! :grinning:

2 Likes

Oh, excellent, so you’re used to being casually chewed or stamped on by horses that just happen to feel like it… that certainly should have you well-prepared for the joys of the SSi Method…:wink:

1 Like

@aran Perhaps that was why I felt right at home here - there’s a distinct possibility of being knocked out, and I’ve already had to work weekends and bank holidays. The similarities are spooky!
The perks are WAY better though! And there’s no swearing in Spanish! :astonished: (edited to add - if you’ve never watched a polo match, you can learn a LOT of the more flowery end of Spanish that way!)

3 Likes

@henddraig - that would be me in English. It’s a shame that when it happens in Welsh, I can’t just roll my eyes and tut at myself and say ‘My brain fell out.’ like I do in English.
Who’s going to tell me the Welsh for ‘My brain fell out!’?

1 Like

See if anyone can improve on Syrthiodd fy ymennydd allan :slight_smile:

1 Like

I rather like that! Diolch @RichardBuck!

Yes indeed @cat-1 - we did a canal-side walk from Tackley a while back which worked very well and a Kirtlington-Bletchingdon area walk is one of the possiblities I’ve been thinking about on the northern side of Oxford. I didn’t know about the quarry though - always good places for wildlife, so definitely a plus! ( No Jurassic Welsh I’m afraid, though - it’s floating somewhere between Pre-Cambrian and Cambrian :slight_smile:)
Sat 10th June is the next walk and we could fit a Kirtlington walk in then, but if that doesn’t work for you we’ll go for one of the other possibilities and keep the Kirtlington area walk in hand for a later date.
Hwyl, John

3 Likes

Oh, I know Kirtlington quarry. It’s a fantastic place.

4 Likes

June 10th is a birthday weekend for my eldest. I am more likely to escape Alcatraz. So yes please to saving a Kirtlington walk for a later date.
A bit of pre-Cambrian Welsh sounds like just the ticket! Gulp!

2 Likes

No problem - there’s usually a walk every month so if you’d like to suggest a Saturday in July we could fix on that date now for a Kirtlington walk. Having said that though, if Saturdays don’t work for you, there’s no real reason why we can’t try another day, or a second walk next month, provided there are people out there who can make it.

3 Likes