Finding practice partners - a new resource - please share

So we’ve been running a Beginners Hangout on a Tuesday night for the last two weeks now, with another to take place next week as well.

This session is only really being advertised in the #beginners channel, as I kind of thought that it should where possible, only be attended by those who considered themselves beginners - with me acting as a sort of helper/question asker.

After two weeks of being quite me-lead, next week will see it becoming a bit more independent, with the usual “ending section” of me getting everyone asking questions to themselves, starting a bit earlier in the session and running for longer :smiley:

5 Likes

Hi @aran and @Deborah-SSi
I have a good friend learning with Welsh for Adults who would like to join up for Slack. I’ll send her the e-mail address. Her name is Lynn just as an introduction in advance of her plucking up courage to e-mail you.

Thanks, John.

1 Like

Edit:
Ah ok I think I’ve worked it out. Sorry to bother you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello! I will be in the UK in a couple of weeks and in the right time zone for using Slack. Yay!

However, my emotional energy for problem solving is way down at the moment.

I have the Slack app and I have registered. My name is Elizabethjanecorbett. My display name is Elizabeth Jane Corbett. Can someone give a step by step guide on how to get started?

I think I need to be invited. Is that right?

Just dipped my toe in the water today—felt good. Met two lovely people. Diving in the deep end next :swimming_woman:

2 Likes

You can email admin@saysomethingin.com to ask to join, or if @aran or @Deborah-SSi already have your email address they can probably add you as a response to this request here anyway :slight_smile:

There’s also this, @siaronjames. If you can locate the option in slack…

yes, I’ve done that with some friends already, but I don’t have Elizabeth’s email address.

Thanks I got an invite from Dee, read the instructions, and put an intro in 2-say-hello :blush:

4 Likes

Boris Johnson gets by!

Hello does anybody want to swap sentences? Diolch Emma

Well I’ve got 12 years hard labour. What you got?

Yr hen rai yw’r gorau! And I thought panto season was over.

Hi @emma-hudson, happy to have an introductory chat with you, either on Skype or on Slack if you’ve signed up? Send me a direct message if you wish. Alan.

1 Like

I am on week 16 and I need of a practice partner to swap sentences for 10 minutes. Anyone?

1 Like

Hi @gwylan,

Are you up and running on slack for Welsh Speaking Practice? I would imagine you would get lots of takers with your question in that environment!

I went through SSIW just before the structured courses came in, so didn’t do it that way / not sure what sentences need swapping!..however I’m a fast learner ( :wink: ) so in the unlikely event that you are stuck I can chat with you on a Hangout or Skype…

Rich :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hiya. Sorry only just seen your reply! I am still.looking for a practice partner. Basically I think the idea is that for just 10 minutes we would exchange sentences, I so t think they actually need to make a proper conversation as such. If this is something you could help with I’d be very grateful. Evenings (after 6) are generally best for me but please let me know your availability (as most days I can be flexible after about 4 if that’s better) if you are up for it.
Diolch
Gwylan

2 Likes

Hi Gwylan,

Well you can never have too many Welsh conversations can you?

I can’t immediately see you on Slack so my Skype name is Richard_bowerng1 ( Richard Bowering Harrogate ).

From 4pm onwards would generally be fine - Yorkshire Time!

Rich :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, I’m looking for a practice partner. I’m on week 16. I need to exchange sentences with someone for ten minutes. I live in the USA.

Hi @anne-rodgers
Have you signed up for Welsh Speaking Practice on Slack? I think that might be the best place to find someone in a suitable time zone. If you haven’t then I think that you email admin@saysomethingin.com for an invitation.
Good luck with it!
Sue

2 Likes