Finding someone locally to Crickhowell to practice with

Hi
Anyone near Crickhowell who would like some speaking practice? I’m on the 6 month course at Level 1 just finished challenge 12.
Cheers
Pat

Hi @patricia-mccarthy,

There is a local Welsh Speaking group that meets up in Brecon Tap on Fridays. I can dig out the link if you are interested in that?

@louiset641 lives near Brecon and has been I think. @des lives in Llangynidr.

Rich :slight_smile:

Hi Patricia
I’d be happy to meet and chat in Welsh.
Louise

Hi Louise Thanks for your reply. I’d be pleased to meet up. Where would suit you? I live in Crickhowell. I’ve only being doing the course for 7 weeks. How about you? Look forward to meeting you Best wishes Pat

Hi Rich Thanks for your reply. I haven’t heard from @des, hope he gets in touch as Llangynidr is much nearer to me than Brecon. But I could perhaps go to the Brecon Tap meeting on a Friday at some point. I’m pretty keen to practice my Welsh so would be grateful for the contact details.
Thanks again
Best wishes
Pat

Hi @patricia-mccarthy

It is 11am on Friday mornings in the Brecon Tap.

It is run by someone called Malcolm Llywelyn who seemed very friendly.

It’s a local group - @louiset641 has been so will probably be able to share more about it with you.

Their Facebook page is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1428492340722079/?ref=share

Rich

Hi Louise

That would be great. Which day would suit you and where would you like to meet?

As you know I live in Crickhowell but I don’t mind if you’d rather meet nearer you?

Looking forward to meeting you and getting some practice in!

Cheers

Pat

Hi Patricia
Would you be able to come to Brecon on Tuesday afternoon next week, the 20th. Either about 1.30 or 4.30 ish? We could meet in Casa if early afternoon or Coffee 1 if later.
Thanks
Louise

Hi Louise, I can’t make Tuesday next week sorry, I could do Thursday or Friday? Pat

Trying again! :slight_smile: Why don’t you come along to the Tap in Brecon on Friday (tomorrow now!) at 11? There’s a group of us meeting there, three learners (four with you) and half a dozen pretty good speakers. Everyone’s very friendly. Us learners are thinking of meeting outside of that group so that we can really practise what we’re learning. Look forward to seeing you there!

Hi Louise
Ok, I’ll give it a go, I’m really interested in the beginners group that you are planning, see you there!
Best wishes
Pat

Are you interested in having this Brecon group included in the weekly newsletter @louiset641? If you’re happy to be the SSiW contact person, I could add it to the list :slight_smile:

I meant to ask Malcolm this morning if he minded me doing this and I completely forgot! I’ll message him via FB and ask.

Ok Louise, I’ll wait to hear. Hope I didn’t inconvenience you in any way this morning. Cheers Pat