Floating an idea - gardening in Welsh?

Emma and I don’t have any free weekends between now and the Middle of October. Which is crazy!! However, we are planning a trip to tick off a bucket list (climb Cader Idris) the last week of September and we’d love to meet up with you again if poss?

2 Likes

Our weekends are completely tied up during the next month due to a new business venture meaning that we’re doing a lot of weekend shows and festivals.
When I used to be a full time gardener/garden designer I used to visit peoples gardens to take a look and then to draw up a strategy for areas of work that may need to be looked at and advice on how it could be done and in what order the work needed doing so we could easily pop up during the week later this month if you feel that would help?

You never quite miss the boat in gardens, you’ve just got to deal with bigger plants and way more weeds!
(autumn’s always an excellent time to work on gardens anyway)

3 Likes

Thank you both!

Completely understand how the busyness of life can sweep you off your feet! It seems to have been that kind of summer so far, hasn’t it.

Some advice in the future would be fabulous Richard, thank you, but no rush at all!

Actually, in retrospect, I think we’re now up against the wire as far as offering accommodation for keen gardeners is concerned. The chalet is going to have to be on lock down again from this week onward. I’m expecting a carpenter imminently to do some essential work inside the chalet, then we have to press on with some speed with finishing off the ceilings, painting, replacing old carpets as well as moving furniture and getting rid of unwanted possessions. The place needs to be ready for Aran’s mum by the beginning of September and I’m having mild panics!

But I greatly value your heartwarming enthusiasm and input.

@AnthonyCusack it would be great to say hello again!

2 Likes

I’m a bit late to this, sorry - but the lovely lady (Eirlys) who runs Bwyta Ein Geirddi, a gardening service in Cardiff, is setting up an organisation called Gerifa Garddio to help people learn Welsh through gardening/ gardening through Welsh! I’m sure she’d be very interested in a chat - http://www.geirfagarddio.cymru/ or she’s on twitter at @geirfagarddio

2 Likes

Diolch Hannah!

I’ll have a look and have a think about it! :slight_smile:

I’m definitely going to come back to this gardening idea. I think it has scope and could be really good fun. But it may have to happen in the spring… we’ll see. Diolch to you all for your enthusiasm with my idea and for contributing so openly and generously to this thread. I really appreciate it and have enjoyed your interaction.

I’ll come back to you if this idea develops and will make sure I give plenty of warning next time… :wink:

1 Like