Format of skype practice

i re-invited you several times so why you could not join remains another skype mystery,
certainly hope it works next week.

the call included a google view of where Tatjana fach lives,
Beautiful , explaining why the storks head there for summer.

Cheers J.P.

1 Like

A Skype mystery indeed - dunno what went wrong but hopefully it’ll sort itself for next time.

Shame I missed the view!

I missed it too because i gave up in frustration!

Obviously technology wasn’t at our side today. After I’ve left I wanted to do something on one FB acount and had problems with my one of many e-mails then I gave up and went to husband’s computer however it’s way slower than mine as it’s older and here were we dealing with technology problems again.

Well, at least we’ve heard where I live (more than see) and I’ve explained how was the thingy with storks last year when they didn’t have babies in hope this year will be better.

We’ve gone through snow and temperature situations these days also and talked about what we like to read.

In awe I found out that there were 4 people in total of 4 pople out of 8 alltogether who can speak German and 1 (me) who speaks a little from who 3 live in Germany … and one in Switzerland. If this isn’t amazing then I don’t know what is!

So, yes, this skype session was great again. Thank you to all who came and hopefully all could hear me well also as I was connected with the tablet this time due to issues with my computer I’ve described before.

Ahd, @henddraig I actually don’t know what could go wrong. From my point of view you were just fine. At least I could see and hear you perfectly.

Hwyl1
Tatjana :slight_smile:

I may have been audible and visible, but…

1. No blue line under picture of person(s) speaking
  2. No name appeared on picture if I moved cursor there
    Some pictures cut in half removing useful parts like head!!
    Some pictures big and some vanishingly small.
    My own in bottom corner, hard to check what you could see.
    I have checked on ‘settings’ for Skype but could see no way of changing any of this!
    On top of new Skype version, new laptop has very sensitive touch pad and does things when I don’t mean to do them!! I’m sure I’ll get used to it, but it is not easy at present.
    All the above cause me to be all confused and confounded and to forget more Welsh than I remember!

I’m sure next time will be better.

The pictures are shifting according to what screen do you have or how big Skype window do you have if you didn’t stretch it in full screen. The pictures are also shifting and changing size according to how many people is there in session and how they come and go. As people came into conversation the pictures became smaller and only of that one who was talking was big (on my tablet really big though).

I’m not sure how’s with names but on my tablet I’ve got the names under the picture of the person who was talking at the moment and it also was blue line under the picture of that one. With Beth, who didn’t have camera switched on there was blue circle around the icon of her acount in addition to blue line under her window when she was talking though.

Margaret was only half visible almost for entire conversation but it was due to the position of her camera and not due to Skype things.

Phillip was visible all the time through the conversation although you’ve said twice in the conversation that he’s gone. I honestly don’t have the explanation to this though. All the rest was as normal as always.

Margaret had the interesting situation also saying that you appeared twice on the screen but this happens if you leave current Skype conversation window no matter that window is still visible on the screen what means she was practically on desktop with Skype window visible behind that small window which appears if you leave the main stream window. This happens in order not to loose track when you’re not in the main stream but rather doig something else like searching for a word in the dictionary (as it probably was in this case).

Every single change or navigation away from the main stream window or changing the size of the main stream window will cause shifting of pictures of participants and also the position of messatge window if resizing.

Hope this helps to understand why some things happen however you don’t have much influence on this but get to be used to such sudden and a bit unexpected changes for that matter.

Hwyl!
Tatjana
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’d just like to tell you that, if someone tends to make the group call, I won’t be on this time. :slight_smile:

I’ll see how I feel tonight. May have a Thursday off Skype. It is a busy evening with R&R on TV & Question Time later, Tesco order to sort out etc… I am sure you’ll see me if I come on!emphasized text
Edit no Tatjana? In that case me off too!

Yn anffodus, alla i ddim ymuno â’r galwad heno chwaith.

Unfortunately, I can’t join the call tonight either.

Well i put out the group call at 7 pm and received no responses
which led me to wonder if skype was faulty again.
Luckily it seems people where busy elsewhere,
i probably won’t be able to do next week
so will aim for March 8th.

Cheers J.P.

3 Likes

Get :wine_glass:!

Chiers!

1 Like

Just to confirm no Skype heno! March 8 next session!

Bydda i i ffwrdd, yn anffodus. Mwynhewch!

I’ll be away, unfortunately. Enjoy!

Yes, as @henddraig says, there’s no official skype chat tonight but I @onomatopoeicowl and @margaretsteinmann tried to have some conversation I joining them two however I’m sorry if I interrupted some ongoing conversation as @onomatopoeicowl left quite soon and then I’ve lost connection too and I didn’t try to re-connect anymore.

Hopefully will next week sgwrs be more successful. I also think I won’t drop into the conversation if I miss the group call in the beginning. I feel strange and bad if I interrupt the current of the conversation.

See you (hopefully) next Thursday and thanks for today brief chat to both of you - Beth and Margaret.

Hwyl!
Tatjana

All being well, phone etc permitting, I will be here ready for 7.00 pm U.K time!

1 Like

No don’t worry, I had a couple of things I had to sort out and needed to drop off!

1 Like

Diolch i ti. :slight_smile:

If @ramblingjohn is still off line tomorrow, does that mean no skype practice❓

@ramblingjohn is mostly offline on Skype unless he anounces the group chat so if he posts nothing here it might be there’s not any at the presented time. But since he had put the fixture for tomorrow earlier I’d probably be on waiting for the call.

I’m probably not going to be able to talk tomorrow. On holiday at the moment, and don’t think the wifi here is good enough for a Skype call. Hopefully next week!

1 Like