Format of skype practice

I’m learning southern!

I hope you didn’t mind that I did more listening than talking, Tatyana. I’m having a bit of a melt down on verbs, tenses and saying things I know I know, atm. I think I’ve got to a point where I need to talk more, but it’s not always easy to think quick enough to work out what I could say before the conversation has moved on!
I was pleased with how much I understood, though, so something must be sticking in my colander brain.

1 Like

Ah!

It surely sticks everything. Just believe in yourself, that’s it!

That’s why I’ve provoked you from time to time to say something anyway. And, yah, connection was not too good this time though.

One day we’re more in the mood for talking and one day less, that’s how it goes even in our native language. Did you know that I struggle with Slovenian words many times lately constantly wanting to say Welsh ones instead?

Whatever you do, listening or talking, is fine and it’s better listening to real, live conversation going on then to some radio show I believe. So I’m looking forward to see you on board again. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It might be a good idea for you to try and work out five or ten model sentences that you know you’re likely to use very often - get those in place as a skeleton and you’ll often be able to build the rest of the conversation around them… :sunny:

2 Likes

For tenses training I believe 24s and 25s of all levels/courses are also very good practice because they’re such of mix of all tenses we’ve learnt …

Ohh, but I’m still struggling with those quite often … The “trouble” is quick switching from one tense to another … however promissing trouble though. One day it will not be trouble anymore (at least I think so).

2 Likes

Hoping to open skype session on Sunday May 8th, 7 pm Welsh time.

Cheers J.P.

3 Likes

I don’t know if you lot are planning a Skype tonight - if so, have fun! John, if anyone else wants to join the group, you may as well take me off the list, as I can practically never make it before 9pm. (If anyone would ever like a quick chat on Sunday night after 9pm Welsh time, just message me!)

I’m a bit late for this but since we had really interesting session on Sunday I just have to write some things here.

The sgwrs this Sunday was almost all about cartoons and similar stuff and mostly we talked about what we like and in how many languages specific cartoons are available. For resources we’ve took YouTube. No we didn’t watch those during the session but I have no doubt when we finished chat all went to watch what we’ve put in the message window to watch. Alongside we’ve searched for some words which we didn’t encounter (or we forgot we’ve encounter) before.

So, here’s the list of words first:
injan, motor, peiriant = engin, well but peiriant is more like a machine - like working machine - rather then motor which is driving something on.
teclyn clust = hearing aid
clust = tool
enw da = reputation
cymeriad = character (like what character one person or animal is …)
iaith arwyddo = sign language
dawr, glew, gwrol, heric = brave
atal cynnig animeiddio = stop motion animation

Oh, well and it’s not neccessarily all the structures, words are 100 % correct as we’ve browsed each our own geiriadur. :slight_smile:

And what we’ve “watched”. To give you a gist, you have everything here …

Ivor The Engine

It’s in English but you can hear at least “Bore da” in Cymraeg.

Then we had a chat about Peppa Pig and had quite some difficulties to find out what it is in other languages then we’ve established it’s "Peppa Wutz in German

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkNm9EVrWls

and it’s “Pujsa Pepa” in Slovene … (couldn’t find any proper episodes though)

And to the mix I’ve added something what’s totally without words but when you need a good laugh don’t hesitate to watch this.

A JE TO - PAT A MAT

The idea to present this was when @Y_Ddraig_Las said something about stop-motion animations which were made earlier but nowdays the digital technology replaces all that. So, yes, this was perfect example of stop-motion animation. And there’s alos the fact that these cartoons are not known wide-world especially not in West countries but we in East part of the world had endless laugh in 70s, 80, 90, etc … :slight_smile:

Oh, and one allert to this if you tend to search for more of these cartoons. The original cartoons are totally without any speach so if you find something with any speach, this is not original and a warning to the fact that some so called “synchonizations” can contain quite nasty and unaproproate speach. Those are surely not original and you can find them quite many especially with Polish voice cover.

And there was Wallace and Gormit …

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17Q2qtozj8U

Those cartoons are not in Cymraeg but the sgwrs was all in Cymraeg though. As I said we were set to watch all later when conversation is over.

I’m delighted that even @netmouse was able to join us at the end what shows there’s no need to put her out of the group. :slight_smile:

But here was also link to children’s shows in Cymraeg so here it is for you too.
rhaglenni plant yn cymraeg yma (It’s actually a playlist with many children’s cartoona etc. :slight_smile:

So, this was the session for last Sunday. Welcome next Sunday again with probably another topic which might just spring up during the conversation.

Enjoy in cartoons if you’d watch some. And a question which raised during the sgwrs … Was there ever any “Ivor the Engine” in Cymraeg? Neither of us couldn’t remember there would be some (well I can’t remember at all though since I don’t/didn’t live in Cymru thouhg.)

Tan o tro nessa(f) :slight_smile:

3 Likes

aim to open skype session 7 pm June 05th, life has been busy and i’m missing out on welsh practice.

Cheers J.P.

2 Likes

I’m sorry but I had work to do and I’ve written this in group chat message window. I’ve got group call later on once again and it says I’ve missed it again but I didn’t even hear it so I probably missed the fun or it was actually no one there. It’s a bit late now so I’ll just say see you next time.

If there was any chat I hope you had a good and interesting one.

Hwyl
Tatjana

I got no response at 7pm Tatjana fach, dim problem pawb yn brysur amser blyddyn hyn.
i will try to open on time again next week.

Cheers J.P.

1 Like

Sorry, I’m full of cold and can barely talk in English, let alone Welsh. Hope to be there next week.

is this like a group chat? Sorry I’m not gonna read the previous 300 messages ahah

Yes it is. :slight_smile:

No need to read previous messages unless you want to read something interesting and read/see some new words we’ve searched for in previous sessions. . :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool i’m might join you next time :blush:

1 Like

@ramblingjohn this one is for you. Surely you can squeeze one additional member in, can you?

Looking forward to see you there @AliceC.

2 Likes

PM sent.

Cheers J.P.

1 Like

This kind of stopped last summer when people got busy with the rest of life, but i have received some interest in reviving it for a while.

So tonight i will hopefully send a skype request to many past participants and a couple of new people, don’t worry if you cannot make it, drop in and out as time allows.

If anyone new would like to join in, PM me here or on skype and you may like to read through this thread to get an idea of the antics (fun) we had in the past. If there is anything in particular you wish to ask (post here and people can be prepared).

Tonight Jan 5th (19: 00 hours, 7 pm UK time).

Cheers J.P.

3 Likes

Now that was what i call a useful hour of fun yn cymraeg.

(@Pete2 )at one time we could here you on two phones at the same time, hope time works better for you in the future.

One of the great things about this is we have no idea where the conversation will go, and it sure covered some mix of subjects (one thing i realise is that i must watch more rwnd a rwnd to help fill in the gaps).

The plan now is to repeat this in two weeks time, with maybe a time (or day) change to whatever suits the majority.

(Really big sorry, i just noticed a couple of people i should of invited, drw gen i).

Cheers J.P.

3 Likes