Format of skype practice

24 hours to skype launch. pawb yn barod.

Cheers J.P.

1 Like

Did I remember correctly - 7 pm your time (what means 8 pm for me and Brigitte)?

7 pm Uk time.

Cheers J.P.

2 Likes

I may be 7.15, no promises! I’ll aim for 7.00 pm!!!

1 Like

Lovely to Skype ‘meet’ everyone tonight. It was difficult to catch what was being said with the echoes, but I found it very useful to hear natural conversation, as opposed to the online courses, where one becomes accustomed to the phrases and voices :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nice of you to say ‘natural’! Too full of gaps and wedi anghofio to be all that natural! I forgot to turn my sound down, but even when I did the echos were a bit much. Watch Anita, S4C 26/2 8.30 pm I honestly think we might do better if we threw English words in more! We are a mix of Gogledd and de Cymraeg learners with accents from Italy/Finland, Slovenia, Oxfordshire, Port Talbot, Germany… it isn’t surprising we find it hard to understand each other! I find it very odd when I can’t see @Pete2. His mouth doesn’t move, so my brain says he can’t be talking"

3 Likes

The echo was a nuisance which luckily does not happen every time (it turned out to be the XBox).

If there any words or phrases you would like to use a lot next time just right them here so everyone knows.

And thanks for being tonight’s mystery guest (who’s next).

Cheers J.P.

3 Likes

Summed up very nicely!

Yes, it was just a disembodied voice (no disrespect, Pete) :slight_smile:

I was (am) extreamly happy to see you all and especially to see “misterious guest”. I’m sorry echo came in the midst of everything but it is true what @ramblingjohn says, it’s not always like this. The only “disturbance” which always comes is my laughter. - haha. I also had problems with the microphone when I tried to switch from speakers/camera to Headphones but I didn’t succeed to do so but I hope you were able to hear me anyway. I’m also happy @brigitte could join us at some part also and I’m a bit sad @philipnewton was forced to leave as the echo was too much for him. I sincerely hope next time the quality of sound will be better for all.

All in all, we were a nice company of country/regions mixture what always makes me happy.

Tan y tro nesaf!
Hwyl!
Tatjana :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you for inviting me! It was definitely an honour, although I have to admit that it was quite daunting, especially with so little experience to my name - I didn’t have a clue what was being said most of the time :grimacing:

3 Likes

O, boy … And we “attacked” you with the various questions. :slight_smile: But if you honestly didn’t have the clue, then you’ve made a great job pretending you know all about what we’re talking. :slight_smile:

No, siriously You did just fine and I hope we’ll be able so see you next time again. Now I just wish @aran would go straight into an “interview” with you all (you, @OlwenR and @simonadeydavies ) after 6 months. I bet you’ll show great improvement.

3 Likes

Think 6 months would be a good time to ‘go on the record’ again - I’d certainly be interested to hear what I could do then, and it would provide an incentive to get some practice, which would most likely be limited to Skype and the occasional meet-up - what with work and my family situation I don’t get much chance to meet people who speak Welsh :disappointed:

2 Likes

two weeks will be the 2nd of March 7 pm UK time, maybe Tatjana will have a new song for us by then.

Cheers J.P.

1 Like

Haha! Is that a new challenge for me? :slight_smile:

Gwyl Dewi +1!!
So - ‘How did you celebrate Gwyl Dewi?’ (if you did!). Me, it’s mainly wearing a poor dying daffodil (cennin Pedr) held on with a ‘leek pin’ and watching S4C! I will try to remember to do something worth mentioning and to bring Toffi’s draenog. I will also try to remember not to give the poor draenog an extra ‘i’!! - NOT draeniog!

Was someone skyping from an XBox?

Yes, I hope so, too! I’m afraid I got frustrated a lot more quickly than I had feared and I had little control over it.

1 Like

Yes. @Pete2 tried but unfortunately with not such luck as he’d probably wanted.

All in all, the conversation was still great. I’m looking forward to next one in 14 days. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pete talked to me from his x- box and I don’t remember an echo, so,I don’t know what went wrong. While i was trying various things to improve sound at my end, I got a message saying my picture was not good due to slow broadband! I nearly exclaimed, aloud, “Bad luck, Skype! You try most of the west of Scotland! Round here is not bad really!” There is a scheme. It started with the islands, so I think Islay and Mull are better than mainland Argyll!

Yes very strange!!! Its always been fine before!

Maybe there was simply connection which didn’t work good, who really knows.

1 Like