Format of skype practice

24 hours to skype launch.

Cheers J.P.

4 Likes

Great chat tonight. Apologies for the singing.

Pete you can get the chords to ni yma o hyd on chordify. ( a duet with Tatjana felly).

Pity about Ray’s connection (better next time) i wouldn’t be skype without someone having a problem.

Cheers J.P.

1 Like

Dw j ddim yn hapus! You didn’t sing while I was there! Toffi says she got bored waiting! We want to hear this song about draenog! Sorry my little furry friend cut things short!
ps have you sorted out now that phone works fine with no echo?

@Pete2 were you and @raymondkefford able to have some chat with better sound when I have gone? Hope my departure helped at least a bit.

Yah “good old Skype” with good old problems for one of us every time … :slight_smile:

What to apology for? I enjoyed your singing. Dal ati! :slight_smile: [quote=“ramblingjohn, post:446, topic:3828”]
( a duet with Tatjana felly).
[/quote]

HAHA! If I sing there will be more sound problems occuring. :smile:

1 Like

Oedd popeth yn iawn

1 Like

March 16th 7 pm (UK time) should be the next skype session.

Hoping @raymondkefford can get a good connection by then.

and really looking forward to hearing about @philipnewton and his trip to Wales.

Will @Pete2 have a new song,
Will @tatjana be singing,
Will there be a mystery guest. So many questions

Cheers J.P.

2 Likes

You might prefer it if I can’t get it to work properly; you wouldn’t want to hear me sing - at least not twice!
The laptop was working fine in Skype until I came to log in last night. Skype started an update automatically ‘to improve my Skype experience’! My experience is that anything taken over by Microsoft turns to dust and so it did. I have isolated the problem to the Skype software - I can play sound correctly, the codecs are working fine, the comms side is all working and it’s not the mike or the speakers. I have uninstalled Skype and re-installed it but that was no good I tried to take the computer (Windows 10) back to a recent restore point and it took hours and then failed. So I logged the fault on the Skype forum and found many other people reporting similar problems! I’ll use the tablet if I can’t fix the laptop. At least Android works most of the time.

Yes, mostly. … unfortunately.

Good idea.

Yes, I have the same experience and I see those using W10 have more problems. I just don’t want to go to W10 yet. W8.1 works just fine for now. I had no problems using tablet eve when I was in Caerdydd though.

I’m looking forward to see you all who’d attend the next session.

Pob lwc i bawb.
Hwyl!
Tatjana :smile:

1 Like

Oh dear, do I gather that sometime soon my laptop will force me to accept an ‘update’ which will mean I can’t Skype on my laptop which has good sound and have to use my iPad which has dreadfully faint sound which I can’t seem to turn up? In that case, my appearance on Skype has a short half-life!
Last night I said that the next 6 nations games not this weekend but next. I forgot that our game with Iwerddon is on Friday 10/3/2017 at 8.05 pm. Other games next day (Saturday)

ah, the mystery of computers and their updates.
Mine also updated skype before i could put out the group call last night, but all seemed to be fine.
I’m still using windows 7, significant (i have no idea).

Cheers J.P.

1 Like

You stick with Windows 7; it does seem to work. All the relevant problems listed on the Skype community pages were for Windows 10.

The official line from Microsoft was that the problem is in the router. I had already checked the router so I suspected that was twaddle. But I tried the laptop again last night and Skype didn’t work properly. So I used the tablet instead and that worked fine on the same router. I think they are trying to mislead me.

1 Like

Dammo!! I knew I shouldn’t have agreed to Windows 10!! I’ll see how Skype goes on 16/3!! Unless anyone fancies the onerous task of having me mutter at them in the interim!

I have ‘fixed’ /the laptop now. Well, I haven’t really fixed anything; the latest version of Skype is still a problem but the laptop is working again. What I have done is to find a source for Skype version 7.32 and use it to overwrite the current version - a downgrade, you might say. I have also turned off the automatic update in ‘Options’ but I’m not convinced that that will last long on a Windows 10 system. So I have also stored the downloader for version 7.32! In their terms I have ‘improved my Skype experience’. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Regardless W10 I hope all goes well from now on. :slight_smile:

24 hours to skype launch.

Cheers J.P.

3 Likes

I’d got it in my head it was next week! Thanks for reminder!

Now, that really was an impressive session of international Welsh, da iawn pawb.
You are all a great help too me as we seem to add new words each time.
I still find it amazing when i start on about 'when will big birds start arriving on slovenian roofs" and people understand. diolch yn fawr iawn.

Though remembering “genfigennus” isn’t going to be easy :slight_smile:

The next Skype should be Thursday 30th of March at 7pm. The British clocks will have change by one hour (forward) by then so i’m not certain how this will affect international participants (do i need to adjust the time or will this be better).

I hope by then to have a copy of “O mam bach” which may give us something else to discuss.

Cheers J.P.

4 Likes

I believe EU clock changes are all synchronised so clocks in Slovenia, Finland, and Germany (for example) will change to summer time at the same instant as those in Wales, England, or Scotland.

Belarus seems to have no summer time, so will be one hour closer to Welsh time at that point (7pm Wales will be 9pm Belarus instead of 10pm).

3 Likes

Apologies to all for my stuttering attempts to describe the so-called ‘Eisteddfod without walls’ planned for Cardiff Bay in 2018. Of course, it may be easy to get to Cardiff, but it may be hard to find a place to stay that is not very pricey indeed! I do suspect that Cardiff Airport, bailed out by the Senedd when losing money, has few enough passengers to have avoided the Shopping Mall treatment,

1 Like