Format of skype practice

24 hours till Skype launch (blunder words are go).

Cheers J.P.

2 Likes

Hang on is it tomorrow , Thursday 30th? I thought it was always on a Tuesday! Just looked back and found you did say 30th, but all I took in was BST! I have ā€œO Mam Bachā€ but am not reading it until I feel better equipped to understand it! Maybe I should not join in the Skype yfory?

I think it has always been on a Thursday (but i can be mistaken).

O mam bach, i have but have not read it.

do join in and enjoy whatever happens.

Cheers J.P.

Sorry had total mental block! Tuesday somehow insisted it was Skype night! Itā€™s called senile dementia or Altzheimers! If you are sure, Iā€™ll pop along and try to say something in Welsh!

1 Like

I went to check back previous dates and it was always on Thursday ā€¦

Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™ll be on this one, but Iā€™ll try to pop in.

Hwyl!
Tatjana :slight_smile:

Sorry i definitely canā€™t tonight.

I may not be able to make it, either.

Oh no, I canā€™t make it either, sorryā€¦

At this rate it is going to be a silent movie!

OK people, itā€™s got to the time of year when other things take over time.
Probably best if i reopen the skype chats in the Autumn.

Cheers J.P.

1 Like

I agree! The only thing I could think of to say was wy ti wedi gweld fy nhgwestiwn yn ā€œBeth ydy allan?ā€ But @Sionned has answered it! Oh, best make sure @tatjana knows no Skype until Autumn!
Hwyl fawr pawb!

Have you decided on that now, or will there be a Skype group meeting on Thu 13 April?

Based on the number of people who said they could not attend last time, i thought it best to stop and return in the Autumn (the same happened last year which is fine, summer offers many options).

Cheers J.P.

1 Like

I see! Thanks for the response.

@cat-1 This is the thread. @ramblingjohn will start it again in Autumn!

1 Like

Great! I want to practise, but Iā€™m not sure of exactly how.

I think I could only manage one to one conversations, and for me reading a word (or words) at the same time, if I have trouble hearing, would be very helpful.

@Hendrik and I had a chat mostly in Welsh this morning (and partly in several of the other languages we share).

Weā€™ve both been learning Welsh for about the same length of time and my impression was that our level was roughly the same, which was great for keeping things comprehensible :slight_smile:

Though we both had the opportunity of supplying some words that one person knew but the other one didnā€™t.

The north-south differences also didnā€™t cause any problems I could see; in fact, we both found each other assimilating our speech to that of the other at various points :slight_smile:

Diolch Hendrik!

4 Likes

OK folks, how many would be interested in taking part in skype cymraeg.

please post here suggestions which times would be best,
i may be able to do two sessions a week through December.
As usual i may be listening and managing people joining (or struggling to join the chat).

As ever, any fist timers should not worry about their ability (listening to the chaos may well
be confusing but fun).

Cheers J.P.

5 Likes

Interested :slight_smile: For me, basically as long as it doesnā€™t start too much after 8pm (GMT) on sunday-wednesday itā€™s fine

Edit: also to clarify, from Thursday to Saturday I can do later than 8pm (though earlier is better!)

1 Like

Can do 7.30 pm but prefer.8.00 pm. Usually run out of oomph after 1 hour, if I have any oomph to start with.
ps love your robin in Whatā€™s outside! He/she looks so perky and happy!