Format of skype practice

Shwmae Bawb,

Have just stumbled across this thread. Sorry if this is a bit cheeky of me, or a breach of etiquette, but I was just wondering if there’s anyone available for a Skype chat on Mon, Tues or Weds evening this week (w/c 8th Jan)? I have a Welsh oral exam on Thursday and haven’t spoken Welsh in months so it’d be good to loosen the tongue a bit and blow away a few cobwebs, so I’m not stumbling all over those dd’s and ll’s.

I work full time so it’d have to be evening time (7 onwards).

Diolch,
Peter

No problem @brigitte, i will add you to the call and aim for Thursday 18th at 7 pm.
Hope plenty of the group can be there.
If anyone else would like to join in just let me know.

PeterG, i hope someone will contact you.

Cheers J.P.

2 Likes

I’ve sent you a PM :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Diolch yn fawr iawn, Philip!

1 Like

Mae’n ddrwg gen i @ramblingjohn i find 7.00 p.m. very awkward as I share the kitchen with Janet and need to use it shift-wise! If you are running a Skype session this evening, the earlest I can do is between 7.15 and 7.30!

If I understood @ramblingjohn correctly he’d continue Skype sessions on 18th January. We had one session without John a week ago but I’m not sure I’ll be on today if someone would be there.

3 Likes

Well, I’ll see how I am for 18th. Likely after,7.15!

I’ve had a couple of requests from people to join the skype group call.
Hopefully via PMs they can work out how to join.
7 pm Thursday (English time) i will make the call.
i anyone is struggling to get in, just send me a message while the call is ongoing
i keep an eye on side screen for lost sheep :sunny:
People can come and go when time allows them to attend.
The question about format of chat is best answered as Random, we never know what subjects will get mentioned so it’s just fun, though if people wish to mention what words/subjects they would like to cover, just post your list here and we will all be prepared .

Cheers J.P.

6 Likes

Tomorrow night is getting near ready for skype.

Now for anyone who would like a subject to think/talk about.
I have noticed on the forum several people are getting coloured badges for making a recording.

So who would be interested in writing a song (yn yr Cymraeg) about our hero (Aran)!!!
This is a bit selfish, but i have hopes that those taking part would qualify for a black and white
stripped badge so it looks like they have a pet Zebra on their icon.

Just one starting idea.
Pan mae Aran symud i Gymru.----When Aran moved to Wales.
roedd ganddo syniad da.------------He had a good idea
i ddechrau dysgu’r hen iaith.--------To start leaning the old language.
medda fo, medda fo. ----------------He thought , he thought.

Cheers J.P.

1 Like

Didn’t notice any singing while i was on! Sorry my laptop ran out of charge. I’ll make sure to charge it up wythnos nesa! I tried to find you all again on my ipad but failed dusmally to tell you I was there, even when I could see you! Toffi was rolling on the keyboard at one stage and I thought she’d cut me off!

1 Like

Well, that was a rather epic skype session, so i hope those who took part found it worthwhile.

I’m afraid there was no interest in song writing (so no zebra icons).

i will try for the same time next week (7 pm UK time, Thursday 25th) .

Cheers J.P.

4 Likes

Thank you for organizing the Skype Session. I was happy that I could join as I was very late. It was good to see and hear so many Welsh speakers, some well-known, some new.

3 Likes

Diolch John (a phawb arall oedd ar y galwad). Wasn’t feeling creative but definitely a useful experience for this first time caller! How long did it go on for in the end? I left after an hour and half and you were all still going strong!

Tan y tro nesa…

1 Like

Do not expect me to sing!! Mind, Toffi would probably howl in protest, a sound preferable to my singing - no I am NOT joking!![quote=“PeterG, post:536, topic:3828”]
Tan y tro nesa…
[/quote]

I do hope we have a chance to chat more to you then and I will try to ensure that I do not run out of wmff so quickly!
p.s. That was you, @Claudia_Beryan wasn’t it? Hope to have a better chat with you too!! I hope you can make it, as I know you have trouble finding a quiet place for a Skype!!

1 Like

Yes, I will try to dial into future sessions if I’m free on a thursday evening. Reassured to hear there is someone out there with equal singing ability to mine!

2 Likes

It was approximately half (or so) an hour more and then we all said bye to each-other.

I’m afraid she wasn’t in the session but we just talked about her. If there’s not a secret, as much as I recall, in the session there were @ramblingjohn as organizer, then @Jane, @PeterG, @philipnewton, @margaretsteinmann, @onomatopoeicowl, @henddraig, later joined by @Novem @brigitte and @seren and there was me of course, laughing and putting on ununderstandable questions to some of participants. :slight_smile:

At the end, only famous 3 of us remained … @ramblingjohn, @brigitte and me until the stage lights went out and the curtain fell down … No, there was no singing even afterwards but we’ve broken the SSiW record in the number of participants in one Skype session. There were 11 of us and at one point we were all in the session if I’m correct.

And yes … until next time then :slight_smile: I’m looking forward to see you all and some new members again.

Hwyl!
Tatjana :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Oh, did I miss @seren? :frowning:

Oh, then we were not all in the session at once at one point because, yes, you’ve unfortunately missed @seren It was a pleasant surprise to all of us who know her to see her in the session and at least I was VERY GLAD to see her after quite a long time.

2 Likes

So did I!!! :sob: I have always wanted to meet her! Oh dear, now I absolutely MUST come back next time,even if I lurk quietly for ages just waiting!! So, which was the quiet lady who was there when I arrived and was top right on my screen?

Who do you mean? The one who didn’t have the camera or the one with redish hair? The lady without camera was @Jane and the other one was @onomatopoeicowl. These are two I remember them being more quiet though.

And, I can just hope @seren joins us next time at some point again aswell so you could finally meet her. :slight_smile: However, as you know, nothing is too ceratin about who’d appear and who not. :slight_smile:

2 Likes