Free(ish) Bootcamp - after the 10th birthday party - who's coming?

Oh, mine are long gone!

1 Like

Catrin is saying a Facebook group might be easier for more peopleā€¦ hmmmmā€¦

Geraint, would you be up for pinging everyone on here (PMs trigger emails from the forum, I think) and trying to find out if theyā€™d be FB or WhatsApp kind of people? :slight_smile:

I usually stay off facebook and whatsapp on holiday, and while Iā€™d make an exception for whatsapp I definitely wouldnā€™t for facebook. But if thatā€™s more popular with others Iā€™m sure Iā€™d just be able to work things out through good old fashioned word of mouth!

2 Likes

Messenger is kind of separate to facebook itself ā€¦ would that be better?

@aran will do.

1 Like

I have FB, WhatsApp, Messenger and, if necesary, Wechat (for use in China).

2 Likes

Yes maybe - I donā€™t use that at all at the moment so I guess Iā€™d be less likely to be lured into reading and interacting in English or seeing posts from work!

2 Likes

Whatsappā€™s preferable for me. Iā€™d really rather turn off Messenger while Iā€™m away. Iā€™ll be in a house with other people, though, so I could just watch them and follow where they goā€¦ :eyes:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s what I was thinking for @KateM too, thereā€™s 5 of us in the same house so it only needs one of us to be in the loop really.

There will be occasions when we arenā€™t all together though. Iā€™ll message everyone later to get the stats.

2 Likes

I can do both but prefer WhatsApp. Thanks for all you are doing!

2 Likes

@gruntius
I have messaged @aran to let him know that I have work on Wednesday 5th June so can only stay at Bwtcamp until the last train back to Wrecsam on Tuesday 4th June
If this is a problem let me know.

1 Like

Yes it is a problem, weā€™ve counted you in now. Youā€™ll have to commute back and to for the meals. :wink:

Think of the money mate. :grinning:

1 Like

@gruntius - youā€™ll have to post my meals to me - Iā€™m working in Holland!

2 Likes

I think Iā€™ve missed something very early on. I expressed an interest and was waiting to hear about accommodation but never got notified that anything was being organised. It is probably too late now but I could stay Sunday night and do Sunday and Monday. Has everyone booked their own accommodation?

Houston, we (may) have a problemā€¦ it seems that a few people expressed interest in the bootcamp before this dedicated thread came into being. A quick look through the main party thread I found the following people which never appeared in here, which may have fallen through the cracks:
@amandalaing @allison-1 @Sylv @fiona-clough
Hopefully itā€™s not too late to sort out accomodationā€¦ @aran ?

1 Like

Iā€™ve sorted my own thanks though @Hendrik @aran

1 Like

Hi @Sylv, sorry if Iā€™m being thick. Are you going to the post party bwtcamp? If so, do you want be in the WhatsApp group to keep abreast of whatā€™s going on?

1 Like

Sorry not able to stay on for boot camp as unable to get time off work.

We can do accommodation for one more person on an a) for the whole week and b) willing to share basis - let me know if thatā€™s a matchā€¦ :slight_smile:

Yes please @gruntius thanks, Iā€™ll PM you. Sorry not been keeping up with all these things on the forum!

2 Likes

Messenger is kind of separate to facebook itself ā€¦ would that be better?

I have neither on my phone, and would prefer to keep it that way if possible - my tired old phone struggles with either, and my tired old brain is looking forward to a week of no social media, if possible :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes