1) Would you be interested in attending an SSiW mini festival?
Can I put my name down, like, Right Now ?
2) Do you think we should organise this for 2/3/4/5 years time, or further in the future?
Cynharaf po gorau. (The sooner the better). But I’ll let you off not doing it next year as we don’t want anyone collapsing from exhaustion. Maybe someone / some people else in the SSiW community should do the donkey work for a “micro Parti11” next year, but as a much simpler affair. But that’s a separate topic to be discussed in due course no doubt.
3) Work and family wise, would you be able to attend a three day/two night(ish) event with plenty of notice?
I am fortunate to have now retired, but of course others may not be so lucky.
4) In which month(s) of the year would you prefer to see something like this happening?
I’m happy to go along with the prevailing preferences of the community on this one.
5) Thinking of venues - I am unable to organise on this kind of scale in a venue far from home, so unfortunately the Canolbarth or y De aren’t viable options. Therefore, which of these would you prefer for a weekend event,
Caernarfon town is unique, of course. But I can see a strong case for the Nant. I would be happy with the Nant, if there were outings to, say, Pwllheli, so people can get some exposure to natural, wild Welsh in a town setting with enough amenities to provide some variety.
6) We purposefully kept the ticket prices for this weekend to a minimum, because we wanted the opportunity to celebrate our learners, for the weekend to feel like a gift and be full of surprises. But if we were organise a SSiW festival in the future, what is the maximum ticket price you would be willing to pay for the whole weekend, without accommodation?
Personally I would stretch to a hundred pounds, but I respect that may be a little steep for some, possibly.
7) Which kind of activities would you like to see as part of the weekend?
Anything that maximises interaction with local, natural Welsh speakers.
8) Which artists/celebrities/authors/poets/special guests would you like to see taking part in the weekend?
I have a pretty open mind on this, but it would be nice to invite Gwyneth Glyn to our Parti someday. She appeared quite happy to mix with people in the Saith Seren in Wrecsam, though I thought she deserved a larger audience, like a full SSiW Parti.