Geraint and his webbed phalanges (aka odd mini-lessons)

Ooh, those do indeed sound like fun extras - thank you! :star:

1 Like

Talking of fun extras, this reminds me of my tragic attempts to learn French at school… One day when asked to describe the picture I replied, “Marie France is in the bath with Jean Paul” Clearly the picture did not show that particular scene! My credibility with my peers soared, however my relationship with Madamoiselle was never quite the same…

Wasn’t there a Duc de la Plume de ma Tante in one of the carry on films?

1 Like

How about nonsense responses to shw mae or nonsense silly greetings to throw the other person off guard.

Dydd da, eang yw’r byd i bawb y bore ‘ma, felly caniatáu’r nerth i fod 'da chi cyn y sosban fawr yn berwi ar y llawr, diolch yn fawr, da bo.

Edit: When writing this first off, I was trying to figure out how to say may the force be with you ( but can’t get it right somehow. I put “caniatáu’r nerth i fod 'da chi” without thinking it through, but think this is now wrong. thinking of things like gaiff y nerth yn fod (i fod/bod) gyda chi, but that’s wrong as well. Google says “efallai y bydd y grym fod gyda chi”.

2 Likes

That would be “Don’t Lose Your Head,” in which Kenneth Williams and Joan Sims disguised themselves as the Duke and Duchess de La Plume de Ma Tante (respectively, I hasten to add…)

3 Likes

I don’t think there is any question you can’t ask on this forum and not receive an answer! :smile:

1 Like

“Ah yes…I remember it well…” :smile:

2 Likes

According to today’s Grauniad, they (well someone) are planning to make a new Carry On film. However, all the politically incorrect bits (i.e. the funny bits) will have to come out to fit in with modern sensibilities. To be watched with vegan popcorn and sugar-free Coke, I imagine…

2 Likes

1, Diolch yn fawr iawn for “La plume…”!!
2. I can imagine nothing worse than a Carry on without the carrying on!! The whole point was double entrendre!! I am grinding my teeth!! I now know how dissolute aging Georgians felt in the days when Albert’s morality started to change attitudes in Britain!!

1 Like

I can’t believe no one has suggested “My hovercraft is full of eels”

5 Likes

Too easy??
“Mae fy hofrenfad’i yn llawn gyda llysywen.”?
It may not be right, but I’d guess it is comprehensible!!

1 Like

http://old.saysomethingin.com/welsh/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5112&p=54423&hilit=+hovercraft#p54423

:wink:

3 Likes

I knew that was around somewhere :slight_smile:

on the theme of animals in vehicles how about

“the bees attached themselves because their queen was caught in the trunk.”

http://www.coveragemail.com/random/more-than-20000-bees-swarm-womans-car-in-pembrokeshire/

Diolch yn fawr! That was before I found SSiW, or even looked!