Gwilym Bowen Rhys - Welsh music course November

Gwilym Bowen Rhys will be tutor on a Welsh music course for language learners at the beginning of November:
https://m.facebook.com/events/2471755119516192
If you’re interested, be quick as they’re deciding this week whether the numbers attending are sufficient to run the course and they may be one, or perhaps two, short at the moment.

3 Likes

Any idea how much this costs? It doesn’t give a lot of detail on the Facebook page, and some people don’t use Facebook.

2 Likes

Hello Dee in Perth, hope youre having a good time. Theres a two day, full board music course with entertainment on the Nant website, at this time cost £295. I googled Nant Gwytheryn they seem to have a few music type events happening.

3 Likes

It looks as if it’d be £295 for 3-days full board or £185 for 3-days non-residential which includes lunch (there are special rates for Gwynedd/Anglesey learners though). There’s a phone number for enquiries: 01758-750334 (if phoning from the UK)

3 Likes

I am delighted to know such courses exist. Thank you, John, for flagging this up here. I want to draw @andyjone ‘s attention to this, somehow. Hoping to talk (yn y Gymraeg) about music making with him et al, at the Litten Tree, in less than 40 hours time… [Can I not embarrass myself by some clumsiness again this month? I am on tenterhooks to know what random act of strange behaviour I’ll manage to commit this time… I have even forgotten the detail of what odd little quirk happened last time… I remember that speaking Welsh was the least of my worries!] Dw i’n edrych ymlaen…

1 Like

PS In some places on the Nant Gwrtheyrn website the wrong dates are given for this course :frowning_face: - the correct dates are as stated in Dee’s newsletter, i.e. 6 to 8 November :slight_smile:

A tweet this pm from Nant Gwrtheyrn lead to this Facebook ad…

Nant Gwrtheyrn shared an event.

4 hrs ·

Mae dal lle ar ôl ar y cwrs difyr yma, felly cysylltwch hefo ni heddiw er mwyn cadw’ch lle / We still have space left on this interesting course, so contact us today to book your place

TUES, 6 NOV AND 2 MORE

Cwrs Cerdd Cymru / Welsh Music Course
Nant Gwrtheyrn · Pwllheli

2 Likes

A quick update on this: it seems they are still trying to decide whether to run the course on 6-8 November, so it’s not too late if you think you might be interested - they need at least 2 more people attending the course to make it viable

Latest is that sadly, in the end, Nant G has decided to cancel the course because of insufficient numbers to make it viable :disappointed:

1 Like

That’s a shame. I was really tempted, but am a bit short of cash at the moment.

1 Like