Halfway there!

Many thanks, Gareth. Much appreciated!

2 Likes

Llyfr newydd bellach yn nwyloā€™r argraffwyr - felly ar gael ymhen pythefnos, mwy na lai.
New book now with the printers - so available in about a fortnight.

:slight_smile:

final%20cover

6 Likes

I pre-ordered mine months ago with the delivery address set to the office - but now I donā€™t know when weā€™ll be back in the office! Iā€™ll be able to arrange to collect it Iā€™m sure.

2 Likes

Oddly enough, just this morning I received a notice from Amazon that delivery is delayed (from I canā€™t remember which date in July to August 4th)! :thinking:

P s. Getting in straight from the publisher would have been too expensive with shipping

1 Like

That could be Amazon just covering itself - certainly Amazon UK is still saying June, and the publishers told me in an email today that it would indeed be out this month.

1 Like

Iā€™ve not had anything to say that it will be delayed and tomorrow (Friday) was the date given by Amazon for publication, for the UK, at least.
I pre-ordered it months ago and Iā€™m now looking forward to it finally dropping through my letterbox soon. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Unfortunately I have noticed when looking at My Orders on Amazon that the date disappeared 2-3 weeks agoā€¦

ā€¦it changed to ā€˜Delivery Date Pendingā€™ ā€˜Weā€™ll email you when we have a delivery dateā€™.

Ah wellā€¦

Good things come to those whoā€¦

Rich :slight_smile:

I have just checked again and it still says tomorrow.

:open_mouth:

Hi Gareth,

Do you have an inside track on whether the shedule has changed (or not)?

No Rich, they never tell me anything, and like you I am expecting it to be out tomorrow. There have been no hitches in production as far as I know.

1 Like

I seeā€¦the delivery date has gone on my order - as per above - which I took as being significant - but maybe it isnā€™t then.

And today itā€™s status has changed to ā€œTemporarily out of stockā€ā€¦

Yes - I suppose ā€˜temporarily out of stockā€™ could mean that a lot of people have ā€˜pre-orderedā€™ (or ā€˜orderedā€™, as we used to say!) and that the initial stock has therefore all been despatched.

Perhaps when one arrives, the happy recipient can announce that. :slight_smile:

Regretfully @garethrking, I donā€™t think that that is the case. My order, placed at the beginning of February, is shown as ā€œNot yet dispatched. Weā€™ll email you when availableā€.
Iā€™ll have to find something else to do this weekend. Bournemouth beach? :scream:

How annoying.
I have been trying to ask the publishers for info, but they too appear to have headed for Bournemouth beach. :confused:

Iā€™ve had an email from Amazon this afternoon saying they are trying to obtain a copy - almost certainly an automated email for pre-ordered products, sent on their release date.

It might be better not to watch the pot on this one! :smile:

Youā€™re right of course - but itā€™s frustrating, isnā€™t it?

Iā€™ve just got through to my publisher, and she tells me the warehouses have only just opened - implying I think that it wonā€™t be too long. Sounds like this is a Covid effect, and all these warehouses have been closed until now. Probably optimistic news, then.

1 Like

Woohoo! Progress!

email today :
Please be advised that we have a revised delivery date for the items you ordered on February 08 2020 .

King, Gareth ā€œWorking Welsh: A Guide to the Mechanics of the Languageā€
Estimated arrival date: July 28 2020 - July 29 2020

2 Likes